Anyone from Portland OREGON or close to Portland here on forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slow5.0

Feb 13, 2003
Portland, OR
I was wandering is there anyone on this forum from Portland OREGON or close to Portland
Reason why i asking is that i gonna move in day or two to this area from Erie PENNSYLVANIA and i gonna bring my Stang with me and i just find out Oregon state have emissions check when you inspect car, PA had same thing but my Stang was exempt since i drove under 5000 miles per year but OR don't have this thing and at DMV they told me i have to hook up cats, smog pump and EGR to pass this emissions and it can't be louder than 93 db at 2500 rpms ???

Is there anything i can do

BTW Stang have all boltons H/C/I with MAC LTs O/R H pipe, Flowmaster catback

• Sponsors (?)

I was wandering is there anyone on this forum from Portland OREGON or close to Portland
Reason why i asking is that i gonna move in day or two to this area from Erie PENNSYLVANIA and i gonna bring my Stang with me and i just find out Oregon state have emissions check when you inspect car, PA had same thing but my Stang was exempt since i drove under 5000 miles per year but OR don't have this thing and at DMV they told me i have to hook up cats, smog pump and EGR to pass this emissions and it can't be louder than 93 db at 2500 rpms ???

Is there anything i can do

BTW Stang have all boltons H/C/I with MAC LTs O/R H pipe, Flowmaster catback

I live right outside the city.

Passing can be a bitch since there is emissions testing within the metro area. I wouldn't stress to much about it. Chances are you'll need to put your cats back on to pass. I did just to avoid having to re-test. I don't even believe they put anything for db on my sheet when I went through in October. I can take a look though. When I went the guy didn't even have me go up to 2500 rpm's. He just hooked the car up, left, came back and said I passed. :shrug:

I live across the river in washington. You can get around this just find someone here to register the car to that dosent have emisions. Other then that i think thats the only way around it? I feel sorry for you wanting to move out here, but atleast the weather is alot mellow here then the east coast, only thing that sucks is the rain! We went drag racing here last weekend and our season begins i beleive the 2nd weekend in march. lots of meets here almost every weekend in the summer and you have 2 tracks to choose from. Defintly hook up on the NW section of the fourms here. I'm always down for some drag racing! Where you moving to. peace

john:p

Thanx guys
In moving to Tualatin , is that metro area or not

Im moving right now, im in LA at airport flyin back to Erie PA to pick up Navi and Stang

Do you think universal cats will do job without having smog pump and EGR on (i have long tube headers and off road H so i wouldn't mind cut this H pipe to put cats on ???

Status
Not open for further replies.