Anyone got mach1 wheels on their fox?

CarMichael Angelo

my rearend will smell so minty fresh,
15 Year Member
Nov 29, 1999
Birmingham, al
Found these wheels.

Mach 1 style Mustang Wheel

The wheels are cheap enough, and I would change that stupid center cap emblem, but the fronts are 17 x 9, and are 6.11" B/S.

Seems to me that that would be all over the strut on a fox.

The backs are 17 x 10.5, and are 6.9"B/S ( I think that I can make that work)

I am gonna ck w/ Weldcraft tomorrow to find out how much they charge to narrow the wheel. If I can get them narrowed to 7", then that won't be a problem. Again, that depends on how much that even costs.

• Sponsors (?)

OK, I'm really picking up steam towards this conversion.

The mach 1 wheels are cheap enough, but the front and rears ( really the fronts) are too wide.

The ones I really want are twice as expensive as the mach1 wheels, but they are spot on magnum 500 clones,

http://static.summitracing.com/global/images/prod/large/ARE-5007956557.jpg

They come in a 8"wide front. I can live w/ that.

The problem is that the rears are 9.5" wide and are not backspaced deep enough (5.75"). I'd have to get a longer rear and /or a custom length axle.

I've posted a thread on the tech side asking about rear end length. Is there another fox housing that's longer by 1-1/4" longer on each side?

Why can't this just be easy?:shrug:

If I just replace my rotors w/ ranger junk, everything will stay in the same place right?
Bumpsteer won't have to be re adjusted, I can keep the same 4cyl spindle, and I'll still have a wussy 10" rotor.

If I change it over to a V8 spindle, then I can get a 11" rotor to fit right?I assume I'll have to change the caliper as well.

If I change it over to SN spindles and hubs, will it affect my track width?
I know bumpsteer will have to be readjusted, and I'll be able to put a honkin rotor on it in the future.

Mike!...There is an "easy" way. My rears are the AFS 17x9s, my fronts are an original set of Ford Racing Mach 1s, which are 17x8. The FRPP 17x8s are a perfect frontrunner for these cars. The grey paint AFS wheels are a nearly perfect match to the FRPP originals, you can't tell any difference once they're on the car.

The only problem is, the FRPP Mach 1s are no longer sold new, BUT I still see mint sets pop up on ebay from time to time, or on various Mustang forum classifieds.

Yep! And oddly enough, my car is a lot like Boss 351's... :D

DSCN0577.jpg

This keeps getting better, and better. So I gotta find a stock set of fronts. I gotta tell you, I'm kinda planning on just putting a set of GT spindles on the thing, and putting on new 11" rotors and calipers. What are you doing for brakes Nik?

'04 Cobra brakes, front and rear. 94-95 spindles, North Race Car brackets for the rear brakes, Yukon 5-lug Fox length axles.

Sidenote: I love your car :D Oh and not to copy you but I have a "big brake" setup with 95 spindles all piled up and waiting for the winter lol... :nice:

Mike: your car will look bad ass with the newer Mach1 wheels and more so with the wheels you found! :nice: If you want wider rear-end, can't you just slap on a 94GT rear, isn't that 1.5" wider or something?:shrug:

Hopefully the factory set is the same as those afs units? I just found a local yard ( 58 mi away) that supposedly has 2 undamaged for 175ea.

$175 for a used Mach 1 wheel is highway robbery. That's about what I paid for them, brand new in-box! If they don't come down on that price, I'd walk if I were you.

Sidenote: I love your car :D Oh and not to copy you but I have a "big brake" setup with 95 spindles all piled up and waiting for the winter lol... :nice:

Thanks, man! Your car is pretty freaking sweet, too. :D