Anyone gotten magnaflows and wish they'd gotten....

• Sponsors (?)

i have some bad news guys, i just wrote magnaflow and asked if the magnapacks would bolt up to the flow catback and here's my response.

"Hello Chris,

Our Magnapack mufflers are now discontinued and there are no plans to replace the line. The system is a slightly different setup and will not fit directly without some fabrication. Thank you for your interests and support in Magnaflow Performance"

NO MORE MAGNAPACKS!!!!!
i guess i'd better hurry and find some.

jesusphreak said:
"Hello Chris,

Our Magnapack mufflers are now discontinued and there are no plans to replace the line. The system is a slightly different setup and will not fit directly without some fabrication. Thank you for your interests and support in Magnaflow Performance"

:eek: WTF? Why would they discontinue the 'Packs? Not enough sales??

cold96snake said:
How long have you had the flows? When I first put on my catback, I thought it was too quite (especially after having side exhaust), but they get louder after you break them in.

they've got about 15k miles on them, and i also have a vrs catted X pipe (which made em a lil louder)
But i just want something even louder for now. Not like slp, and not Flowmaster (i dont wanna be a sheep like the other 500+ ppl in my area with flowmasters)

I guess this means i need to order my packs soon before everyone runs out :(

The sound clip of the packs on magnaflows site sounds awesome, i listened to it like 50+ times yesterday :drool:

i had the magnaflow catback for about a year, and it was loud (deep) but had no throatyness ( if thats even a word) to it. people could hear me coming, but the car didnt have that true "mustang" sound that we all love. eventually i got rid of the tails in favor of some 2.5'' dumps that only made the car sound deeper, still not throaty. in june i did the bbk longtube headers w/ a prochamber and put the magnaflows w/the dumps back on, and that helped alot. the car would actually sound like a mustang at 3000, it even got alot of compliments...i think it was more the prochamber that changed the sound (more throaty), the longtubes again increased the deepness. i am currently running 2-chamber flows, but the sound hasnt really changed much. i think that with tails you will love the magnaflows w/a prochamber, but w/dumps and headers i think all mufflers will sound somewhat the same.

KronicRacer said:
theres always the slp loudmouth. that bad boy sounds like all hell is breaking loose when you get on it.

im gonna have it mated to the mac prochamber pretty soon :D

I've heard SLP is loud, and that's about it, i havn't heard it in person no one in my area is willing to risk it i guess. But the magnaflow clips i've heard have been nice. I dont know what the difference in teh packs and SLP, i was gunna ask that when i got on here.
So whats the difference in sound between Packs and SLP

As far as the prochamber statement, i've heard nothing but good things about them, EXCEPT that they aren't stainless steel and i live @ Texas by the beach (like 30 miles away) so i dont want it rusting out, and secondly i'm trying to stay streey legal too, thats y i got a catted X pipe.
I really want longtube but i dont have money to pay to install and to pay to have them mated up to my catted x pipe, i know i CAN install the headers, but everytime i change or "upgrade" something on my car i break something and i'm tired of fixing stuff that i didn't have to break :D

-EDIT-
this intrigues me, anyone tried em?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...tem=7921083930&category=33630&sspagename=WDVW
i think it would be cool, and it would be louder than magnapacks i believe, but i dont know how loud that would be, so..... anyone tried these :)
quality sound etc.