Anyone have a AFR185 "Enforcer" and Explorer intake combo?

reddy351

Jun 13, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
I am planning a mild combo with the Enforcer heads and Explorer intake. Not sure which cam to use but a E303/B303 or Steeda 18/19 seem to be where I'd like to be. Anyone running this combo? It's going into a 2800# car that will be almost 100% street driven. (IRS and hard launches don't mix well.)

Looking for results as far as seat of the pants and possible actual dyno comparisons to E7/stock intake combos.

Also, opinions on the Enforcer heads. I'm sure some people will hate them for no apparent reason. The hardware seems to be the same stuff they put on their more expensive offerings. The only real reason I want to switch to aluminum heads is to save the 70-80 pounds off the front axle. I'd use a set of iron GT40's in a heartbeat, if not for that.

Dan02gt

mazing how much gas smell came from that tiny hole
10 Year Member
Mar 2, 2003
Greenville, NC
I have the AFR Renegade 165s, a Cobra intake with ported lower (about the same as the Explorer), and a mild cam. I haven’t had it dynoed but most combos like mine make around 290-310HP at the wheels where a bone stock 5.0 HO makes about 190HP to the wheels. It’s a huge improvement in performance. I would expect the combo you are taking about to make similar power.

The Steeda cams would work well for you, but are designed for 1.7 RRs so keep that in mind.

Reactions: 1 user

reddy351

Jun 13, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
I have the AFR Renegade 165s, a Cobra intake with ported lower (about the same as the Explorer), and a mild cam. I haven’t had it dynoed but most combos like mine make around 290-310HP at the wheels where a bone stock 5.0 HO makes about 190HP to the wheels. It’s a huge improvement in performance. I would expect the combo you are taking about to make similar power.

The Steeda cams would work well for you, but are designed for 1.7 RRs so keep that in mind.
Thank you for the reply!

Now that I think about it, I also looked at the stock Cobra cam (or even the stock GT one) with 1.7’s.

If I can get 280-300 to the wheels, that’d be perfect.

nickyb

WAIT,you now have a pair?
10 Year Member
Apr 3, 2009
nevada
Yeah you'll have to get on list as to when theyre back in stock. But the flow # s seem better then most and price was under a grand although that could go up like every f'ng thing else. I guess you don't have any other options.

reddy351

Jun 13, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
Yeah you'll have to get on list as to when theyre back in stock. But the flow # s seem better then most and price was under a grand although that could go up like every f'ng thing else. I guess you don't have any other options.

Under $1000 for a pair? That's a damn good price with the hardware they use to assemble them. I'll keep an eye on that page. I'm not quite ready to swipe the card, just yet. I want to get the swap done and get the car running "stock" before I go throwing a bunch of stuff at it.