Anyone have a T4M0 i could try in my car?

tmacie

May 18, 2010
Hi,
I was wondering if anyone has a T4M0 ECU that I could try in my car, I basically just need to start the car and let it idle. I've been chasing an idle issue for quite a while and basically have it down to the ECU but I dont really want to buy one to find that it doesnt work.

I'm in south East Vermont if someone is close.

Thanks,
Travis

• Sponsors (?)

Thanks for looking Adam.
The issue:
Rough (lopey) idle, rich condition. It seems to run pretty well over 1k, still a bit rich though.
Removed:
EGR, Smog, A/C
Replaced: Distributor (it was squealing), Ignition control, coil, plugs (properly gapped), harmonic balancer, injectors, MAF, TB along with TPS and IAC, ECT sensor, IAT sensor. I've replaced all vacuum lines as well.

If you have any thoughts, I'm happy to try them.

Travis

Do you have any codes? You can have some stored without triggering the check engine light. I'd also head over to the Fox side in 5.0 Tech and go through the technical thread index sticky and find the "Surging Idle Checklist" under troubleshooting. I can't copy and paste a link since I'm on tapatalk on my phone. It's Fox specific, but it should cover the 94-95 pretty well, too.

I had some codes, but I had started the car without the MAF hooked up (oops!) so I just re-set it to clear those. I'll report back with any codes after a couple miles of driving. I've looked at that post before..I'll double check to see if there is anything I missed.

Travis

A quick note. I put a near stock T4M0 tune on the J3 port, the only changes were EGR was set to 2 (off) and the thermactor set to 0 (off). It runs a little better, but still has a lopey/rough idle.

Travis