anyone have any experience with the summit dizzy or this ebay one?

cenok is family

15 Year Member
Jun 25, 2003
Norman, Ok
i'm starting to run out of ideas and am going to try replacing my dizzy to see if it helps my rich condition (in hopes that it's not adequately distributing spark). right now i have the original one from 87 on there still and i'm thinking maybe it's time to retire it. i was browsing ebay and came across this billet dizzy from TMD for $140+ shipping...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/5-0-...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

the summit brand one is $170+shipping...

Summit SUM-850411 - Summit Racing Street & Strip® Ready-to-Run Billet Distributors - Overview - SummitRacing.com

i'm not looking to spend the amount of money an MSD calls for, besides, i hear they suck anyway. what would you guys do? go with a billet aftermarket or find a new/reconditioned factory ford one?

• Sponsors (?)

yeah I actually just read a bunch of stuff on here and corral. that's what EVERYONE said. not a single person said anything good about any aftermarket dizzy. I just remembered I have another factory dizzy in a box at my moms house, I'm gonna try that. thanks for the input man.