Anyone have info on the paint used on 00 Cobra R?

astronut1885

Founding Member
Jan 31, 2002
Assonet, MA
Hey guys. In a few weeks my car will be hitting the paint booth, and I need to pick a color. It's red now, and it's staying red once done. I want a red that really screams power, a true sportscar red. Best one I've found so far is on the 00 Cobra R, and maybe on the Mach 1. If anyone can give me any info on these reds, I'd really appreciate it. Anything I can tell my guy so that he can paint my car like that would be great! Thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

I'm not into gold at all, plus it'll be alot cheaper to stay with the same color on the car, as opposed to changing it and then having to do all the doorjams, hatch area, and engine bay. Plus, I like red on a sports car, it's classic.

Even if you paint it with the same color code paint, the door jambs won't match all that well. The paint has weathered and faded. Any other color red besides the current color will be way off. I'm not too happy with my car because of it.

why would they fade in the door jambs? the sun hits it for about 10 seconds getting in and out of the car.

the door jambs are usually the most accurate color to when the car was new.

Torch red is a deeper red than perf red. My car is Perf. red, and i get comments all the time that the car is orange. the color is so bright, it looks like it has an orange-ish tint to it. But i assure you, its red all the way. Its a unique color that looks badass on foxes.

Here are a few pics so you can get a better idea

My%20stang.jpg

mystang.jpg

second pic is prob a little better, shows you why it looks a little orange at times.