Anyone have info on this supercharger kit?

KingDiamond

Mar 9, 2003
Chicago, IL
Ford Racing makes a supercharger kit for the 94-95 Mustang, the part number is M-6066-B50 and it comes with a SVO 6 psi satin finish supercharger and all the installation parts. Ford Racing says there's a 35% - 45% increase in power over stock performance.

So are these supercharger kits any good? How much power can I expect if I bolt this on to my current set-up (with an addition of a better fuel pump)?

I found this supercharger kit for $2,099 and I might be able to get it cheaper so it looks like a good deal.

• Sponsors (?)

Yes, Charlie is right, it is the Powerdyne. It doesn't have a very good reputation in terms of power production and belt problems. Some have a lot of luck with it, others do not. Do a search for it and you'll find all sorts of info. There are 2 different types of powerdynes, the belt driven ones (which is the ford brand) and now a gear driven one which I don't know if its sold through ford or not.

I'm very happy with mine and it's a good blower IF you don't overspin it. If you plan on racing or running greater than 9lbs of boost, then you should go with a Vortech etc. but for a low priced street blower it gets the job done and if the belt breaks or bearings go you can fix it yourself.

Search on the Corral supercharger forum, its the best place to get info and you'll fine more people happy with powerdynes than here.