Anyone have ladybugs in their house???

MoNsTaMaCk24

Founding Member
Aug 12, 2002
Shippensburg, PA
Its exactly how it sounds.... I live in Shippensburg PA. We have so many ladybugs in our house. They go up on the ceiling. We have thousands of these things they must be able to sneak in through some small cracks and now they probably multiplying. I can take pics of a few spots to show you what I mean. There is a lot of these things though! Do they make a spray or something or any suggestions on how to get em out and keep em out? Thanks a lot!

• Sponsors (?)

ladybugs are good!! you can sell them on ebay if you catch enough. hell I'll take all you got if you want to mail them to me:D

I actually bought some off ebay once because theres not enough in our yard. I do a lot of landscaping and they eat aphids and other bad bugs like theres no tomorrow.

you can buy praying mantis' too. those will eat the ladybugs if you really have to get rid of them. :rlaugh:

Yeah they do get a bad rap. They are a really good bug to have, just not in the house!:D You can go to any local hardware store, and get some Ortho Max, Bug Stop, or something like that. Get it in a pre-mixed gallon bottle that way you can spray outside around all the doors and windows, and you can also spray inside if you want. Should take care of them.:nice:

I have a friend that is having the same problem. There is a window in the garage that probably has 10 inches deep of them.

They are everywhere in the house and this is the first year for him to have that problem. During the superbowl, I happened to leave a coke sitting out for 15 minutes and when I returned to drink it there were ladybugs in it. They are sour/nasty/horrible tasting.

HAHAHA! We all got issues with em! Im packing em up and shipping em! Its weird... Everything on the internet says shop vac em and let em outside. So I think this coming weekend ill vacuum all I can of them and then spray around the house. Im building a house right beside my parents this spring. Might want to keep em here so I dont get em.... Hmmmmm?

i got the same problem...i hear there not lady bugs there somekind of japense beetle and if they bite it hurts...around here they brought them in along time ago to kill some type of insect that was killing the pine trees and they just keep popullating like crazy...some have more then a few dots on them and some have alot if you look closly there not lady bugs lb's only have 6 dots on them and there alot reder

I dont get lady bugs, but I get Crickets. Very annoying crickets... that chirp all night. I literally get several dozen on my garage door during the summer if I dont spray weekly. They always manage to sneak in the house one way or another.