Anyone have problems with Spydershaft on lowered cars?

chad9350

Jan 13, 2007
Lake Charles, LA
Anyone have problems with Spydershaft on lowered cars?

My finger is on the 'confirm' button to order... just would like
to know if anyone did have clearance trouble (after setting pinoion angle of course!)?

Apprec.

• Sponsors (?)

I hear quite abit about these. What benefits do they offer?

Are the s197's suffering from drivetrain vibration??

I was reading on the leanardracing site that they seem to be more aimed at autos due to their different driveshaft setup.

I was reading on the leanardracing site that they seem to be more aimed at autos due to their different driveshaft setup.

The spydershaft allows the RPM's to climb faster which is suppose to knock off 2 tenths in the 1/4.

My car SEEMS to run smoother with the spydershaft. I was actually afraid I may notice more vibrations with the spydershaft but I didn't.

My car is lowered as well and there is no problems.

The main thing about them is the amount of rotational weight savings with the different lightweight driveshafts on the market. The stock 2 piece shaft is approximately 46ish pounds. The Spyder, as well as others, come in at around 18 pounds. Basically, it's kind of like putting underdrive pullies on, but more effective in my opinion. It helps the car spin up faster and takes a lot of the slop out of the drivetrain, especially off the line.

They are great for both manuals and autos. I've heard of more reports of autos having problems with vibrations with them, but have heard of successes as well. It is definitely a great mod to do.

Edit: Whoops, didn't read what blacksheep posted, but yeah, what he said.

we tackled the automatic cars first cause the hardest one to get right was the auto trans version so we do stress that fact on the website but they work great in manual cars as well.
there's always a chance of increased NVH when changing any suspension or drivetrain component in these cars but it's not common and almost always traceable to another source i.e. tires wheels gears etc. the stock driveshaft does hide a great deal problems in some cars.

I'm thinking of getting one now after hearing Boss4.6 had no problems with 2" drop, because I have BMR spings with a 1.75" drop. Does anyone acctually have BMR springs and a spydershaft, any problems at all? I just want to make sure before I spend the cash.