Anyone have the MAC upper/lower control arms?

Mavrick

Founding Member
Aug 29, 2002
Collingwood, ON
I'm going to be buying a set of MAC upper/lower control arms for the stang, they are fairly inexpensive and look pretty well built.

Any experiences with them? What about the sway bar, will it bolt right up to the brackets or will i have to get an aftermarket bar?

I could probably get rid of the quad shocks with this setup eh?

• Sponsors (?)

I'm running MAC control arms on my Stang. No complaint's at all.... they fit & perform great. Stock sway bar bolted right up with no mod's at all. While your changing the Upper's I'd highly recomend getting two poly bushing's for the upper control arm's on the rear end housing. The control arm's do not come with these and it's a very smart thing to change as the stock bushing's are rubber and are probably worn right out. After that is said and done rip the quad shock's off as they are now pretty much useless weight.

Shon

Hello,
I have MAC upper and lower control arms for the rear of my 97 Cobra. They have grease fittings and went in fairly easy. I had to modify the rubber spring boot because it no longer fit, and even though they have grease fittings, (which I greased heavily), they still have a very small squeak due to the bushings. I also removed my quad shocks and added a panard rod. This way I was able to add wider rear tires. No problems there. I would recommend them. They seem to feel pretty good and I have very little wheel hop.