Anyone Have Their Hats Painted?

GT12207 said:
hotrodnut & urban96,

how did you guys tape the rotors in a perfect circle like that before painting? Or what method did you guys used?

I don't think they taped anything. They prob painted right to the edge where the pad sweeps the rotor and a tad bit over. First time using the brakes it will rub off all the paint from that area.

I agree, that black on black combo looks sweet! Nice and clean! I think i'm gonna go with painting mine black :)

• Sponsors (?)

I think it all depends on the car and wheel/brake combo but i would stick to a flat or semi-gloss black paint.

I've had good luck with engine paint on non-caliper braking parts.

GT12207 said:
hotrodnut & urban96,

how did you guys tape the rotors in a perfect circle like that before painting? Or what method did you guys used?
I used masking tape and layered in on around the pad surface in a circular direction and then layed strips where the wheel seats. I then took an xacto knife (razor blade will work) and cut to the edge where the pad rides and the wheels mounts to the rotor.

The Paint I used is a Caliper/Rotor specific paint by VHT I beleive that has a gloss to it. I picked it up at the Auto Zone Store in my area.

Mustang5L5 said:
Hotrodnut, got any pics of the whole car??
Here's one I took a month or so ago:
dayinmay06orig134nz.jpg

Attachments

• dayinmay06orig134nz.jpg
    dayinmay06orig134nz.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 51