Anyone have these rims?

• Sponsors (?)

Cantslowdown said:
sell some rims and its called a cobra rim but its not black its gray.

Are you sure you're not talking about the Halibrand Cobra III? They typically have the knock-off center like the first wheel you posted. There is someone on here with a red GT with these wheels. Maybe twogts4us?

halibrand_cobraiii.png

112_0404_tuner01_l.jpg

thats probably what you saw at work...the Halibrands are expensive also so maybe its the knockoff you get cheaper? Those rims look better in person then in pics..but i don't know if they clear 13" brakes so you don't actually see them on Cobras

Cantslowdown said:
I dunno if i want to get those rims.I can get 17/8's like those for like 110 bucks but i just dont think it would look good on my stang..:shrug:How bout this wheel http://www.ultrawheel.com/wheel_detail.cfm?brand=9&id=132 I can get them for a good price on there site it says 17/9 but they also come in 17/8's.

Be a real man and get some 17x9's. Don't be like xxxMustangRayxxx :nonono:

droptopponynj said:
Why do you want 17 X 8 ? If your going to spend money atleast get a 17 X 9 so you can safely run a slightly wider tire for better traction/handleing.

while I agree with this line of thinking, not everyone does and they want to cheap out on the first time through. Then we'll get another "largest tire for a 17x8 rim" thread.

17x8s are fine on my car for now, but when I'm in the market for new wheels I'll have matching 17x9s on each corner. Good handling, good traction...