Anyone have these rims?

stangGT97 said:
while I agree with this line of thinking, not everyone does and they want to cheap out on the first time through. Then we'll get another "largest tire for a 17x8 rim" thread.

17x8s are fine on my car for now, but when I'm in the market for new wheels I'll have matching 17x9s on each corner. Good handling, good traction...
your wheels are stock 17X8 so it doesn't really apply to you. If you were going to shell out $500 for new wheels would you get 17X8 again? I highly doubt it! Not when 17X9 is maybe $10 a wheel more. If we inform her now about the benifits of a 9" wheel over a 8" wheel she'll save money in the long run.

• Sponsors (?)

droptopponynj said:
your wheels are stock 17X8 so it doesn't really apply to you. If you were going to shell out $500 for new wheels would you get 17X8 again? I highly doubt it! Not when 17X9 is maybe $10 a wheel more. If we inform her now about the benifits of a 9" wheel over a 8" wheel she'll save money in the long run.

true true! the extra inch is well worth the extra money. The one thing that sucks though is that the wheels I really want to get for my car ('98 Cobra wheels) only come in 17x8. It sucks because I think they would look awesome but I really want something a little wider... :(