Eastern, Pa.
Anyone heard how SLP's loudmouth exhaust sounds. I saw a
mustang today and he had a SLP sticker on his car and his
exhaust sounded nasty as hell. Wasn't able to ask him if
the exhaust was slp or not. If it was, It sounded great. I
heard it outflows mostly all aftermarket exhausts also. Any
info would be great.

• Sponsors (?)

sounds like magnapack..but better build...search slp..theres a green gt with fast drivebys..i had magnapack on my 00gt and loved them but welds sucked...i just ordered slp loudmouth for my mach

I have them with the matching xpipe...sounds really mean...u want loud ..get them !!!!
my neighbors are complaining each time I crank up the car :)..but I like my mustang loud...
if the guy has an SLP sticker on his stang he probalby has an SLP exhaust..doesnt' make sense if he doesn't have SLP stuff

The slp loudmouth is an awesome exhaust except when the engine is cold once its to normal temp the exhaust is awesome. At least thats what my experience has been with slp exhaust.

well my mustang is used for a business car at times. is it loud all the time or just when youre getting on it? I really cant have it too loud at cruising speeds like putting around town or on the highway doing 70mph. Basically if youre not getting on it will it still be very loud or just a nice note.

well my mustang is used for a business car at times. is it loud all the time or just when youre getting on it? I really cant have it too loud at cruising speeds like putting around town or on the highway doing 70mph. Basically if youre not getting on it will it still be very loud or just a nice note.

i live in a pretty dense residential area, i am concerned about this too... Is it too loud? Am I better off getting magnaflows?

navarro98gt said:
Any sound clips of this set up? im thinking of getting the loudmouth but have never heard this set up before.

I made a few sound clips, but they didn't come out so great. I'll try to find them anyway. If I do, I will post here or PM you.

I have the full SLP exhaust and the quality and fit awesome. But it is LOUD!!! One of the loudest cars i've ever heard. Don't get it if noise will be a problem(at least dont get it with an O\R mid pipe.

Andy

I got the loudmouth last month on my 02 gt vert..my friend has a 00gt with the magnapacks and lets just say he wishes he had my exhaust..the loudmouth is the best sounding exhaust hands down IMO..ive heard the borla,magnapacks,and bassani..and the loudmouth wins..as you see i didnt mention flowmasters because they suck:p..and the loudmouth isnt really that loud unless you get a X-pipe..especially a O/R xpipe..other then that its very barable..anything over 2800 and it starts to SCREAM..it is loud at higher rpms..once you shift into 5th gear doing 55mph..u barely even hear it..the tips look amazing and I am very satisfied with this exhaust..and the post above about "boycotting" slp because they just started making parts for the mustang..please tell me that is a joke??i dont know where to start on that comment.

I just finished installing the SLP headers x-pipe, and catback on my 01gt. I received the catback about a week before the headers because they were on backorder, so i of course went ahead and installed the catback first. The change with the catback was very noticable. Throttle response was much better, alot quicker. The sound was very nice. Well the header installation was not as easy as I had hoped, but then againwe did not remove or move the k-member at all. I had to go to work and I had a buddy of mine wrap up the installation. He called me and the first thing he said was that my car now sounded like a NASCAR. I was like right whatever. Well when i started my car up i really did not notice anything. I reved it and it actually hurt my ears! Let me just say it is so much more fun to drive this car now. Below about 2200 rpm there really is no change....just a nice pleasing burble. Well go above that and it is a different story. People will deffinatly hear you coming. Everyone has nothing but great comments about what they hear and you always get the second looks. I would recommend this exhaust to anyone who loves the sound of a racecar on a sunday afternoon. I don't really care if these guys made products for GM in the past. The fact is they make a killer exhaust for my ride, it is a quality peice that went into the car nicely and I am very, very happy with the outcome. GO SLP!!!!!