anyone heard the SLP loudmouth exhaust

• Sponsors (?)

I think the Loud Mouths sound like complete crap on a stang, but ive only heard a couple soundclips.

N O T H I N G beats the throaty echo'ed rumble of a Flowmaster, nothing. Everyone has them, and they are very common, but thats becuase they sound soo great. Besides, even if I hear a stang with exhaust, its only flows a fraction of the time, so I only heard that sweet sound once in a blue moon. Now I hear it everyday. :D

Exhaust systems are like chicks. Everyone has different tastes, and one chick may be a knock out to one guy, and may be nasty to another. Flowmaster patented their sound and if it cost the consumer a horsepower or two, so be it. Ive heard countless exhaust systems, and no matter how "common" and "cheap" you may think flows are, they are a perfect match for the stang.

04DarkShadowGT said:
well my mustang is used for a business car at times. is it loud all the time or just when youre getting on it? I really cant have it too loud at cruising speeds like putting around town or on the highway doing 70mph. Basically if youre not getting on it will it still be very loud or just a nice note.

Cruising around town at "normal" rpm's it has a nice beefy but subtle tone. There is no interior drone. And at highway speeds in 5th, the rpm's arent that high, depending on gears you have and it almost sounds like stock - I refer to the 5th gear tone as a predator waiting in a bush, waiting some prey to come by....if that makes sense LOL

You will enjoy the SLP exhaust.

Mr Plow said:
Cruising around town at "normal" rpm's it has a nice beefy but subtle tone. There is no interior drone. And at highway speeds in 5th, the rpm's arent that high, depending on gears you have and it almost sounds like stock - I refer to the 5th gear tone as a predator waiting in a bush, waiting some prey to come by....if that makes sense LOL

You will enjoy the SLP exhaust.
is that dyno taken with your slp catback?

wms004 said:
is that dyno taken with your slp catback?

My dyno run was taken with the SLP catback. Joe at Mustang Magic was pretty impressed with my numbers considering I only had pullies, filter and plenum besides catback. He said "obviously, SLP is making some good power."

[QOUTE=stlboarder]Do you have the stock h-pipe?[/QOUTE]

Yes I also have my stock h-pipe. I havent gotten around to buying the slp x-pipe yet.

Craig Mack said:
I think the Loud Mouths sound like complete crap on a stang, but ive only heard a couple soundclips.

N O T H I N G beats the throaty echo'ed rumble of a Flowmaster, nothing. Everyone has them, and they are very common, but thats becuase they sound soo great. Besides, even if I hear a stang with exhaust, its only flows a fraction of the time, so I only heard that sweet sound once in a blue moon. Now I hear it everyday. :D

Exhaust systems are like chicks. Everyone has different tastes, and one chick may be a knock out to one guy, and may be nasty to another. Flowmaster patented their sound and if it cost the consumer a horsepower or two, so be it. Ive heard countless exhaust systems, and no matter how "common" and "cheap" you may think flows are, they are a perfect match for the stang.

I second that. I couldn't buy just off the sound clips. To me there is no tone or unique sound. It actually sounded like foarts cans on a stang to me, but they could be different in person. The clips I heard were nly the catback not the X. Even though the clips sound like ass I still want to hear it in person with and without the X. I also agree that flows with a o/r pipe (X or H) is when of the best sounding exhausts to me.

wms004 said:
Click on the movie clip (inside car) on the bottom of the page http://www.lmperformance.com/3513/50.html
Doesn't sound too bad to me, and i'm a flowmaster fan who would definately consider the switch

THAT'S MY CAR!!!! hahahahahahaha

I guess I shouldn't be mad, but honored. :)

This is like the 50th time I found pictures/movies of my car with SLP on the internet!

edit: BTW, I didn't ordered from them. I ordered directly from SLP. :lol:

as stated above..i have the slp loudmouth, and zippo's soundclip is LYING..the soundclip doesnt really show what the exhaust sounds like..u have to hear it in person..imo,the sound clips sound like complete crap compared to the real life noise..

derek02gt said:
as stated above..i have the slp loudmouth, and zippo's soundclip is LYING..the soundclip doesnt really show what the exhaust sounds like..u have to hear it in person..imo,the sound clips sound like complete crap compared to the real life noise..

I'm not saying it sounds like crap, but the sound clips make it. Before I buy an exhaust I want to hear them in person.

Yes, definitely wanna hear them in person.

I know the soundclips do them absolutely no justice.

Plus, I took those clips the day I bought the exhaust, and with these muffler/resonators, I was told that they are coated in fiberglass, therefor the sound changes as they are broken in. I think it sounds much better now.