Anyone here from Arizonza?

If you don't mind hanging around in one of the #1 crime cities in the U.S. where nothing is appreciated, there is no appreciable industry, or any semblance of decent recreation, the worst roads in the country, come to good ol' Tucson! We may even steal your car then use it to go break into other cars and get caught then try to run from the cops as we leave it in 1st gear idleing down the street so it ends up in someone's front yard.

The only word that describes Tucson Arizona is S H I T H O L E. It sucks and so does the rest of Arizona. But then again, we have the cleanest air of just about anyone.

As for the heat, you get used to it in a week. The fear of your car being stolen or you getting jumped by 3 mexicans on a tuesday night after doing some studying for no reason while you try to ride away on your bike doesn't go away.

• Sponsors (?)

I was born and raised in Ohio and lived in Tucson for 14 years before moving to the Chiricahua Mountains in far SE Az. Our summers here will usually be in the high 90's for a hot day and the winter nights will sometimes get down to +10 degrees. The altitude here is 4800'. Like has been said, you can find any climate you want. I personally could not live in the Phoenix area because of the heat in the summer. Phoenix is the lowest and hottest major city in the state at about 1200 to 1400 '. Tucson is about 2500' and usually cooler than Phoenix. When I retired, I moved to a higher elevation to enjoy the climate and wide open spaces of the mountains. Take a trip out here and visit some different places and see for yourself. I personally like the state very much but can't handle the Phoenix heat.
Howard :shrug:

phoenix really isn't as bad as people make it seem. It's hot, but you really do get used to it and don't really notice it for the rest of summer. The monsoon season is freakin awesome as long as you're not trying to drive somewhere when a storm hits - some of the most beautiful storms you'll ever see. and if it really gets too hot for you, the mountains are only a couple hours away...I can get to Flagstaff in like an hour and a half.

Crime also isn't as bad as has been stated....well, as long as you don't visit the crappy parts of the city. if you've got the money, you'd probably LOVE to live in scottsdale. nice higher class city, tons of stuff to do, and its beautiful.

2 dragstrips...firebird has races every friday, and Speedworld has them every wednesday and friday (unless they changed it recently) have nascar and all that good stuff, and we just got a Fun Ford Weekend too.

the roads in phoenix are SO much better than in other places like LA, etc. everythings laid out in a nice grid and most of the roads are nice and smooth...no giant potholes or anything.

that's about all I can think about. Being born and raised here, I can say it is a great place to live