Anyone here from the Boston area?

eh 2500 is kinda outta what im lookn to pay. i have all the parts i really need except for a k member which im buyn with this weeks pay check and coupkle other little ****. ive been stock pileing all my aftermarket parts for a while now and ill i need is a decent chassie to put it all in. As far as motor work goes i do all my own assembley but i wanna port and polish my heads more. they are canfield aluminum heads. i wanna gasket match them and when i gte my new intake have that ported and polished out to match the heads so ill definatly swin by your shop in the next few days and check it out. my names john by the way. :spot:

• Sponsors (?)

yea im intrested in a few things like porting and polishing my heads more and porting my intake to match the heads. and my friend has a 302 block he needs punched out to a 306 and have his crank turnd and balenced if you can doo the work then throw me some ball park prices on what it would cost and mayb we will have you do the work.

another question your car is a white lx hatchback ryte im jw

yeah my car is the white lx. to gasketmatch the heads and intake is about $200. to clean and magnaflux,bore with deck plate and install new cam bearings and freeze plugs is $450, balance is about $300 as long as no mallory has to be added to the crank,and grinding the crank is about $150. Let me know if your interested. Andrew

haha your telln me i jsut figured out today that mr powerhouse lives on my street no more than 2 mins from my house ahaha. hey andrew that store across the street from ur house is my moms building she used to own the bussiness to but now its my aunts. i jsut figured out today that ur car is that white lx across from the store haha. i work during the day on vine street building a couple of stangs for my frineds dad. he loves when people come down and doo burnouts so swing down anytime i should be there. and ill prob take you up on doin my heads and intake and my friend will probably have you do his block.

I was wondering who was doing all the burnouts down there. do you know bret, he lives on the other end of vine street, has a red 95 cobra? I built the engine in his car a few years ago. I'll stop by if I see anyone there when I drive by. I was bored tonite so I went out to river street and layed some nice 2nd and 3rd gear rubber a few times. **** back when I was your age you could go down to 105 near oak point and make 100 passes before anyone would show up,now you can't even get 1 pass in without a car coming by. back in like 89 or 90 we used to hang out behind the police station , set up races and everyone would drive out there to watch. It's a shame we can't do that anymore. there isn't even a place secluded enough to test n tune anymore. talk to ya later Andrew

yea i did a bunch of burnouts on riverstreet. my house is close to there. Yea i heard you were out and about last nyte cuz i guess you talkd to a couple of my friends they were in a 86 white hatch. i know bret hes a cool **** his cars pretty sick. you can still kinda race down on 105 but you cant stick around long or ull get calld on. we sometimes hang out in the victory parkn lot too.

Repasentin Belmont MA (yeah right)

What's up, arlington folks?

Hey, you guys seen that red viper that prowls the streets of arlington? He lives somewhere near the police station.

Storing the car for the winter? Never! HAHAHAHA. I remember my umass days (holdin it down for johnson/crabtree/MaryLyon), right after a huge blizzard, I was driving around in my lx 50 with tire chains on while everyone around me was stuck in the snow. I used to drive back to boston at 2 am in blizzards before any slowplows had touched the road and this 18 wheeler followed behind me as the front valence of the car was acting as a good snowplow for him.

I tell ya what. :) Everyone must come down to Bourne's Upper Cape Regional High School (along the Cape Cod Canal) some Tuesday night this coming summer. We have a rather large cruise night every Tuesday, sometimes with as many as 600 cars (especially on placque nights.) It's a great way to pass the summer night. However, you'd better show up early. Cars start arriving as early as 4:00 p.m. and most stay until it's dark (8:00-8:30.) There's a great P.A. system and there's also lots of hamburgers, hot dogs, sausages, and soda available. Bring the whole family!

Does stangnet have any T-shirts that we could all buy and wear? That would make it a lot easier to identify ourselves toward other members.

yea we definatly need to have a meet this summer. either down where hissncobra was sayn or ova here in middleboro we can chill in the victory parking lot, its huge and the cops wont bother us as long as we arent being dickheads too much. we chilled ther alot last summer and did burnpouts and doughnuts and **** and theyd jsut be liek quiet down boys blah blah blah. we even had a couple cops doin neutral drops one night haha. so we will definatly have to do somehting. Another thing i want to do is go to the trakc and run my car, ive never donw it b4 so maybwe could all meet up and drive up together and **** thatd be sweet too.