Anyone here running a Bassani catback?

Night Shifter

Dec 24, 2005
Daytona
If so what is the rest of your exhaust set up and do you have a vid? I tried Youtube but only found a few and they were with an o/r x.. im debating on bassani or borla...I had borla on my fox and they were nice but I think I like the tone of bassani betteror from what I was able to find on youtube...

Does anyone know how bassani sounds on turbo cars?

• Sponsors (?)

That sucks. I used the clips on their site to kinda help me pick out mine. Exhaust clips are pretty useless though IMO. Unless you're running the same cam, headers, mid-pipe, and cat-back, then :shrug: there's no real similarities.

Hell... I transfered my complete exhaust from my 302 to my cammed stroker and it was a TOTALLY different exhaust note.

Yeah I know its hard to really know what its going to sound like through a video but it'll give me a general idea lol

I just want something that will sound good with a turbo and I kinda want something different ya know....

I know what you mean by the exhaust switch...my car sounds different with this set up than it did with the old set up..I liked it better then lol

I don't think they make it anymore, but I've always liked the Quiet Thunder from Bassani... on every car I ever heard it on. My thought process is to get the most free flowing, quietest exhaust, you can get for your setup and let the MOTOR do the talking.

I think if you stick with an H-pipe on our cars, most combos sound good. I haven't heard your setup, but unless you could swap out your flows for the basanni for little out of pocket cost it wouldn't be worth it.

I'm interested in how a cam would alter the sound of mine, she's a bit raspy now at 5-6k
But I have no money and I need to repaint her due to years of neglect haha

I think I have some exhaust clips on photobucket....im using my pone so Ill see if I can load them on here somehow...

The only reason im thinking of switching is because of the turbo...I've never heard a turbo car with flowmasters but supposedly they sound like chit together :shrug:

Lulz....im Night Shifter lol....I get me and Nightfire mixed up as well though hahaha

But no, I have the aluminator block...unfortunately right now im running high compression so I wont be seeing more than 10psi.....im hoping to hit the 400hp mark though which should be easily achievable with cams and the 76mm turbo

For now im gonna see how the set up does with high compression since its just the play car for now...if it does good I wont bother it, if it ends up having problems and the compression is too much then ill look into different internals to lower it down to forced induction standards