Anyone here work out? Im gonna start...tips welcome...

5'6'' Here... (and a HALF!) ...HAHA 130-135 max... not fat
I'm a Wrestler ...and not gayA WWF crap! ahha!
-(heres some random little things, if you really don't wanna work out that much)

Drink water, 8 glasses a day really is alot but best.. you pee out more than you take in if you drink lots of water, it gets rid of the crap in ur body

Brush ur teeth after you eat, it will keep you from wanting to eat again until you ...really are hungry... dirty teeth = always cravin snacks

when doing ur ab workouts, flex your abs the whole time if this makes sense, before you're even actually 'crunching' it will help get abs quicker.

when doin crunchies, put ur feet straight up in the air, and crunch UP to ur feet by tryin to touch ur toes, and don't cheat and bend ur knees! haha, i know you will!

thing called the 'card game' i cut the deck in half red/black. and flip 1 card at a time on the black deck and do push ups, number on the card, face cards worth 10 pushups and Aces are 15. its' something like 198pushups, i do it in 15min... but stretch it out a lil the first couple times.
then later on do the other half, only sit-ups or crunchies.....you can do it on free time it doesnt take long, and will help ya lots

• Sponsors (?)

suplements, i wouldn't really take anything but protein for the regular person. and thats only if ur workin out like 4 times to everyday of the week, cuz otherwise i think it will just add the protein for ya, in fattyness, and you won't get the results ur lookin for.

i use stuff called Protein Plus, the chocolate kind. u can get it at GNC (indiana)
mix a scoop a day with water...it's easy. worked fairly well for me.
upped my bench and built nice muscles for wrastlin for me.

I would like to help you out with what to do to stay in shape, but I really have no experience. I was 5'10" 190 my senior year in high school, now my senior year in college, I'm still 5'10", but 230. Let me tell you what not to do to follow the same plan:

1. Eat 1 large pizza with your roomate every night for the first 2 years of college.
2. Not lift weights, run, condition, or exercise in any way for 4 3 1/2 years.
3. Have the same girlfriend for this entire period of time (I add this because if I was trying to pick up the ladies still, I would definitely get my ass on a treadmill).
4. And in case you are stupid, beer makes you gain weight when used in excess without any of #2.

I will also add that even though I gained some weight, its not all that bad. You catch some occasional harassment from people who haven't seen you from a while, but I am warmer than them now that is like 18* outside. haha My roomate went from 5'9" 205 (solid muscle, all state RB for our high school) to 5'9" 250 with a layer of padding.

I'm in college and I haven't gained the "Freshman 15". Only lazy people gain the weight.

My routine when I go to the gym:
1. Warm-up (very important to prevent injury): shoot a couple hoops, run for half a mile on the tredmill and stretch
2. Bench Press: 45lb bar, 1 45 on each side 10 reps 3 sets
3. Curls: 30lb weights, 15 reps, 3 sets
4. Military Press: 90lbs, 15 reps, 3 sets
5. Lat Pull: 100lbs, 15 reps, 3 sets
6. Inclined crunches: 25 reps, 4 sets
7. Leg Press: 2 45s on each side, 15 reps, 3 sets
8. Calf Press: 210lbs, 15 reps, 3 sets

I do other things, but I'm not sure what they are called, lol.

Remember if you're not doing more than 5 reps you might as well not be doing it. You're just exhausting yourself. Sets are key, rest about a min. and a half between each.

And the last and very important part: EAT right after!!! so you don't lose the weight that you just gained from the weight training.

I do this routine about 4 times a week. Do not weight train the next day, you will damage muscle tissue.

Good luck man, at first you won't see results, but if you keep yourself on track, you'll see some big improvement!

There is alot to say... but let me mention this:

1. Decide if you wish to bulk up or lean and tone out. For each exercise, I choose 4, 6, or 8 reps to bulk up (build muscle mass). Like wise I would choose 10, 12, 14 reps to lean and tone out (defines your muscles).

2. Each rep should be done using the full range of your muscle. Both positive and negative exertion should be accomplished in a deliberate and controlled manner.

3. So focus on the exercise, the movement, and isolating the muscle, not the weight you are using. I see many people attempt weight that they are not ready for because they wish to appear strong. This is not about appearing strong, but building strength. Remember, no matter what weight you select, someone can lift more. This helps keep me focused and humble.

4. Select a weight that you can reach your target for reps while working the full range for the muscle.

5. Rest periods between sets are also important. Approximate 2 min for muscle building. Much less for leaning and toning. I don’t time myself, I just wait a short period until I feel “ready for the next set”.

6. Target between 3 to 4 sets of the same exercise. Your goal before increasing weight should be successfully completing all reps at full range in all sets. Until then, remember that you can also reduce weight for subsequent sets until stamina and endurance is built.

7. Develop a safe and effective system that works for you. You will hear a lot of people giving advice. My best advice is to develop an eye for what might be unsafe, prompting injury, versus safe exercises and movements.

I have been working out for many years, currently I am ~200lbs 6’-1”. I have recently changed goals from bulking to cutting and defining. A few of months ago I was at 220lbs.

Proper diet and vitamins are very important. I have found the best way to keep my metabolism going is to eat much smaller portion and more frequently throughout the day. If you have to eat out, fast food, get smaller portions. If you have found that your body gains weight, then your body is consuming more than it needs to operate. The key is to keep eating, begin making healthier choices… I recommend not going cold turkey, as eventually most people break down, me including. Begin making healthier choices and make it a habit. That way it is not the end of the world if you eat poorly sometimes. Also, make sure you have enough protein. It is said that no more than 20g at any one sitting, as the rest cannot be utilized and is wasted. I use protein bars that offer about 20gs of protein. Protein is a building block for new muscle.

Good luck!

Jethro.

Before the last semester started, I worked out consistantly. I go my bench press up to 300Lbs, and was pretty comfortable repping 255 4-5 times, 3 sets. I was happy because I finally hit about 150% of my body weight (6'0 205 lbs). My shoulders were looking good, biceps/triceps felt great, cardio wasen't to bad either.

Since September when CSUS started, I have worked out 3 times, and I feel like a F A T A S S lol.

With 2 jobs and school, it's IMPOSSIBLE to eat right also. This trend better stop. If not, I could weigh a metric ton after Xmas.

ok, i haven't read anything in this thread but here's a miny bio on me:

6'0
165 pounds
18 years old
rep 285 bench press, dont know my max.

I don't look big at all but i can rip a muh-*****er up :)

I do a lot of boxing so that helps me tighten up and i lift ~3 times a week, mostly bench/curl/seated row/situps/pushups/shoulder press thing/shrugs

I do each twice....not very helpful i know :(

sometimes i throw in a decline or incline bench for shtts and giggles.

ALL natural by the way :D

It will take you awhile, but you'll just find what works for YOU. I never listen to people's workout advice becuase chances are, I've done it and I don't do it for a reason (becuase it doesn't work for ME).

But what works for me when getting back into the workout mode, just don't burn yourself out right away and try to make workout out something you WANT to do. If you dread going, you won't do it.