ANYone install their own alarm system (Viper 5000 2-way)

Boss 351

Here sthhhhhhhheeeve take a picthh of my man flowe
Jul 13, 2003
Canada
I'm installing my own alarm since the interior is pretty much gutted (for detail work). Now I'm very good at wiring and I had to do it myself since the car has had some pretty nasty redneck wire jobs done to it. I spent maybe 3 hours cleaning up the factory wiring.

Now I have a stupid question. The Viper comes with an immobilizer and they have two types of circuits for the starter relay. One is an open circuit and the other is a closed circuit. I'm thinking we have an open circuit (which means the circuit is only completed once the key is on the "start" position). AM I right?

The other question involves the dome light, the alarm controls the dome light, I guess I have to cut the factory (+) wire to the dome light so the alarm can control it 100%. The alarm also uses the (+) from that circuit for the door sensors. That's no biggie, I may put some diodes to protect the alarm system on that one.

Other than that I pretty much understand it. I'm using a relay for the parking light and using the trunk popper and door locks so I can unlock the doors with the remote. :)

I'm getting a pin switch for the hood, the hatch and doors will use the factory switches (dome light circuit). I want a microwave sensor (movement sensor), and a tilt sensor. I may also wire in some ulta-bright leds hidden inside the car so when the alarm is in panic mode, the inside of the car will be pure white with light lol... For more security I have my own seperate kill switch for the fuel pump.

• Sponsors (?)