Anyone interested in an HID group purchase?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Talked to Chuck and he said I can post this:

The kit is the HID kit from Stangmods..http://www.stangmods.com/mustang_hid_lights_s/61.htm

I've only heard good things about them, and here's the deal Matt will give us if enough people are interested:

1-9 kits ordered: $275.00 per kit shipped
10+ kits ordered: $250.00 per kit shipped

Let me know who is interested and I'll set up the exact start time and stop time for the group purchase with Matt. If you're interested, post your name here.

Thanks all.

• Sponsors (?)

I might be interested, are these street legal btw? Sorry I don't know much about HIDs other then they light up the road a lot better. Whats the difference between the 6000k and 8000k? Are they any brighter then each other or is it just the color?

blacknblue2002 said:
I too am interested...but was wondering if you can buy the HID kit and put it into the projector headlight housing...being that they sell projector headlights w/ the HID kit

Yes you can, however the projectors take different bulb numbers. The factory headlight is a 9007 while the projectors use a H4 or H7 bulb. You'll have to check and see.

Also be warned these projector headlights are designed for halogen bulbs, so while the HID bulbs will produce less glare than if left in the factory housing, they will not be the same as a proper HID reflector.

If you really want to do HID's the "right" way (although still not legal) you need to retrofit HID projectors that are high-beam capable into your stock housings. Good site for infor www.HIDplanet.com

Here's my HID kit installed. 8000K kit in the drivers light, Silverstar bulb in the pass light

I put HID's into my factory headlights, but the glare was just too great that i ended up taking them out. Now i'm going to use the kit along with a pair of BMW E36 bi-xenon projectors and retrofitting them into my Fox

Attachments

• Dsc00032.jpg
    Dsc00032.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 176
  • Dsc00042.jpg
    Dsc00042.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 167
Status
Not open for further replies.