Anyone know a "one up'er"?

85_SS_302_Coupe

it sucks (I know) to be on the receiving end
15 Year Member
Nov 11, 2003
Northern KY
You know, that guy who seems like he only talks to you about cars so that he can tell you about some uber badass car he saw, or this other car that makes SOOO much power with hardly any bolt ons....he's probably a brand X guy and is always telling you about this Camaro he saw in Whatever magazine that makes 3000hp or something.

My one up'er came to me today to tell me about this badass Mustang in the new Hotrod that they BUTCHERED and put an LS2 in.

Know what?

WHO F'IN CARES?

He says "yeah man they made 600hp with it". OK...i said....you could've done that with the stock 4.6 too...so what's your point? He says "oh you'd have to have a power adder then"..and so i say "ok................and?"

WELL, THAT'S CHEATING! He says.

Yeah...Let's see... 350 - 281 = 70. That's a considerable amount of cubes. Regardless, hp is hp whether it comes from a twin turbo moped or a 90 cylinder rocket ship or WTFever.

So, i reached into my stack of Mustang mags and grabbed a random issue, and flipped through to find the feature car....a '95 GT making nearly 900hp, and tossed it into his lap and said "there ya go" and laughed.

This particular one up'er has a 355ci S-10 that has never seen the 1/4 mile, and he's dead set that he's going to BLOW my doors off when we race.

:bs:

I can't wait until that actually happens, i'll be posting vids for ALL THE WORLD to see...lol

• Sponsors (?)

What is up with the writing color? I had to highlight it to read it.

I know what you mean, they usually know hardly nothing about really making a car fast, and/or don't have a fast car, and/or if they do they paid someone to do the work.

Typical ricer.

You know, that guy who seems like he only talks to you about cars so that he can tell you about some uber badass car he saw, or this other car that makes SOOO much power with hardly any bolt ons....he's probably a brand X guy and is always telling you about this Camaro he saw in Whatever magazine that makes 3000hp or something.

My one up'er came to me today to tell me about this badass Mustang in the new Hotrod that they BUTCHERED and put an LS2 in.

Know what?

He says "yeah man they made 600hp with it". OK...i said....you could've done that with the stock 4.6 too...so what's your point? He says "oh you'd have to have a power adder then"..and so i say "ok................and?"

Yeah well I know a guy who saw a Camaro in a mag that made 3001 HP. He also knows a guy that put an LS9 in a Mustang and it flipped over on its roof from all the horsechi..... I mean horsepower. And it was on street tires.
Oh, he considers even 91 octane to be 'cheating'.

:rlaugh:

Seriously, it sounds like you were talkin about Stephen's (I think that's right) yellow '95. If so, it's one bad ride (he posts on here).

I know a guy who's worse than the guy you're talking about :shrug:

go to the local high school..i bet you wil find some more!

exactly. most of my friends are like this. i hate it. the only time i tell them about some other car is when i beat them (like the (99+ P.I. i beat the other day, that made me sooo excittedddd), or the person im telling has the same kinda car and i saw something i liked on this guy i saw's car, and im recommending something...
never will you hear me say i saw this mustang on youtube....

This particular one up'er has a 355ci S-10 that has never seen the 1/4 mile, and he's dead set that he's going to BLOW my doors off when we race.

I can't wait until that actually happens, i'll be posting vids for ALL THE WORLD to see...lol

i have never understood the 350's in s10 people. i just dont get it. am i wrong or is there like, no weight on the drive wheels, allot of work for allot of nothing and still the part where its a chevy?

I hate that too. I know this guys that always tells me about HUGE numbers with SMALL mods. I never see the cars he tells me his friends have either...or they are always broken!!!

Tell your friend about the new MM&FF mag that has the 800RWHP Shelby GT500.

Tell your fried that the Camaros and Firechickens with stock 350HP break their go-kart 7.5" ring gear rear axles, so how will it handle 600HP????????? :Zip2:

my cousin is one of them...

His explorer intake is better than my Cobra intake.
His 95 is lighter than my 89 notch (mine has no options + weight reduction)
He has 300hp with a stock 5.0 (minus the GT40 style intake) while mine has maybe 240hp (see sig). lol

anyway there's nothing much you can do. Last year we raced, I nearly pulled 100mph (when my engine was STOCK) while he was doing 93-94mph... and high 14's. He didn't talk to me for 3 days. This year I hope to be in the low 13's, maybe 12's while he's still in the high 14's.

Know what?

WHO F'IN CARES?

Yeah...Let's see... 350 - 281 = 70. That's a considerable amount of cubes. Regardless, hp is hp whether it comes from a twin turbo moped or a 90 cylinder rocket ship or WTFever.

So, i reached into my stack of Mustang mags and grabbed a random issue, and flipped through to find the feature car....a '95 GT making nearly 900hp, and tossed it into his lap and said "there ya go" and laughed.

thats funny as hell! Make sure you get the vids up LOL

:lol: @ all the one up'ers one up'ing my one up'er...lol

His engine is pretty healthy, it's got the whole h/c/i swap and a shift kit and good converter...it's a healthy running truck for sure, easily makes more power than my car does right now, but what he doesn't know is that when my heads and cam go on, it's going to give me plenty enough power to drive past him in the 1/4.

It's just like back in school, some kid always "knew this guy" or "i've got this cousin" and they always had the baddest, fastest cars or meanest dog or whatever. These people are everywhere in every circle of people and they all have/know someone who has whatever you've got or done and it's better.

:lol: @ all the one up'ers one up'ing my one up'er...lol

His engine is pretty healthy, it's got the whole h/c/i swap and a shift kit and good converter...it's a healthy running truck for sure, easily makes more power than my car does right now, but what he doesn't know is that when my heads and cam go on, it's going to give me plenty enough power to drive past him in the 1/4.

It's just like back in school, some kid always "knew this guy" or "i've got this cousin" and they always had the baddest, fastest cars or meanest dog or whatever. These people are everywhere in every circle of people and they all have/know someone who has whatever you've got or done and it's better.

One time I was racing this guy who had like.......a Z06 or something.......and instead of hitting my 3,000 of NOS.........I flipped my little red switch on the side of my shifter and these two wings unfolded on either side of my car so I just took off in the air and flipped him the bird as I flew OVER him.

Then I called the airport tower guy to make sure the runway was clear when I landed. :rlaugh: