Anyone know of a source to find an original 93 stereo?

Mstng93SSP

You have a nice rear end there Dave.
15 Year Member
Nov 29, 1999
Mililani, Hawaii
Anyone know of a source to find an original 93 stereo? I looked on ebay and I just see a bunch of crap, and no 1993 premium sound am/fm stereos. Is there anyone that any of you knows that sells these? I really want to put an original stereo in my other 1993 SSP coupe.

Thanks

Chris

• Sponsors (?)

Do you want the cassette or CD player? I believe the CD player was an option in 93 only and they are hard to find. Your best bet is to put up a wanted add on the Corral as you see them there from time to time.

The CD players are not cheap so go with the cassette. Post up over on the Corral and here. I bet someone has a cassette player they would blow the dust off of for ya.

Reactions: 1 users
They are rediculously expensive these days, if you can find one that doesn’t have issues like a cassette player that doesn’t work which is becoming more and more common.

I have parts, but I don’t have any complete radios for sale at this time. I’ve been scooping up broken units and swapping the guts from other ford radios with some creative parts swapping.

I just have one CD player and one Tape player myself

Just remember there is a premium version and non-premium version for the tape deck. All the CD players are premium but tape decks with the manual eject can be both. Gotta check the back plugs

• Useful
Reactions: 1 users
How different is the ‘94-95 radio set up from the ‘93?
A3BA1621-5DDF-483C-B852-56047CC94B82.jpeg

The am fm cassette looks exactly like what was in my 93. Not sure on the wiring. Is that yours? Is it for sale?

It is mine-I’ve had them 5 ish years, but I’ve never hooked them up. I have them stashed in my garage. If I get a chance tomorrow I’ll dig them out and snap a pic of the plug ins if you want

Thanks Mike,I watched a few mins of it-seems like mine would have the rounded face

It is mine-I’ve had them 5 ish years, but I’ve never hooked them up. I have them stashed in my garage. If I get a chance tomorrow I’ll dig them out and snap a pic of the plug ins if you want

Thanks Mike,I watched a few mins of it-seems like mine would have the rounded face
Yes please. Let me know if you want to sell the cassette one if it will work for my app.

Thanks

hahahahaha - I cant wait to tell pops. He gave it to me with the fox body saying something like "If you want to make this original, you will want this!"

That’s a bummer.

These are the correct radios for 87-92 mustangs due to the bottom mount for the cubby and the side clips