Anyone know the spring rates for a '87 Turbo Coupe/5spd?

• Sponsors (?)

OR if you want to go with that 3/4 ton 2 wheel drive chevy look by using 4cyl mustang springs in the front and TC rear springs in a mustang. Should give you about 6" higher in the front

That...that does not even make sense. :shrug:

I am wanting some better springs for my 1981 T-top Coupe with I6 engine and C4. It still has stock IIRC 380lb in springs.

A friend of a friend totalled his 86GT convertible. The springs were available for free and my friend knew I was looking for springs so he grabbed them.

I asked him if he could get teh front springs and he said that he doubted the guy would want to mess with getting the front springs out.

My friend then told me he still had the front springs from a wrecked 87 Turbo Coupe I could ahve if I wanted

Hence the question...

1) Does anyone know what the spring rates were for the '87 tubo T-bird? I have looked on Cool-Cats but didnt see a listing for spring rates.

2) Will these springs work in my 1981 Mustang?

My friend thought they were same or a little stiffer than the 86 Mustang GT springs.

And before someone responds just buy some new ones I have had my hours cut back at work so I dont currently have money for new springs.

I was trying to get car on the street before the WFC 10 in Indianapolis May 17th.

Car runs now but need to install new tires, fix or replace slipping tranny, and exhaust replaced.

Thanks again in advance.