Anyone know the widest/biggest front tire combo with UPR Kmember and coilovers??

CoupeRon

Sep 10, 2011
Hey everyone....getting ready to select and order new rims/tires for my 93 Coupe after finding out 17x9 Cobras wont fit (rim rubs front coil over..even without a tire on it). Am hoping and 8 inch rim with 5.25-5.0 backspacing will work and stillo not stick outside the fender. Anyone do this already?? I have Weld draglites on the car now so it hasn't been a problem. Going in more of a road race direction now. THANKS..and Happy Thanksgiving! Ron :hail2:

• Sponsors (?)

Hey everyone....getting ready to select and order new rims/tires for my 93 Coupe after finding out 17x9 Cobras wont fit (rim rubs front coil over..even without a tire on it). Am hoping and 8 inch rim with 5.25-5.0 backspacing will work and stillo not stick outside the fender. Anyone do this already?? I have Weld draglites on the car now so it hasn't been a problem. Going in more of a road race direction now. THANKS..and Happy Thanksgiving! Ron :hail2:

If you pick up a set of shorter/stiffer springs, something like a 12-250, it'll give you more room.

I will definitely look into it. Any idea how much more room it will give me...approximately?? Enough to seat the rim on the hub and still mount a tire?? Any reccomendations on where to buy them? Thanks to everyone who is trying to help!

Just checked the UPR site on the link you provided and it said those are the spings that come with the K-member kit. Will double ck...but I am pretty sure those are what are on the car rt now.....??

I will definitely look into it. Any idea how much more room it will give me...approximately?? Enough to seat the rim on the hub and still mount a tire?? Any reccomendations on where to buy them? Thanks to everyone who is trying to help!

I don't personally know anyone running 17x9s on our coilovers, but if you call Adam at 561.588.6630, I'm sure he can tell you EXACTLY which wheel will fit.

THANKS TO ALL WHO TRIED TO HELP. The guys at UPR are AWESOME!! After speaking with them...I tried the shorter 10 inch springs and WALA...found the clearance I needed to run the 17x9 Cobra R rims with 245/45/17 tires. I can't thank everyone enough because you saved me the hassle of selling my current ones and buying 8 inch replicas. The best part....the 17x9 fit perfectly under the fender and inside the fender well with my Mark 7 spindles. Thanks again to all and the guys at UPR!!! Ron