Anyone local with this yet?

tehnick said:
I regret not getting a GT, but in the long run I save on insurance for right now. In the future I will probably get one, or just build this car up a bit for a fun DD. I don't really crave a ton of power and would be stoked with around 300-350HP to the wheels. Not sure which avenue I will go to add more power. Then again, I am not sure if any shops have any experience doing build ups on a 3.8L V6 as well as tuning them. I know a guy on the east coast that does e-tunes and know his stuff when it comes to the V6 Mustangs, but Florida is a bit far away if something goes wrong and I can't rely on playing e-mail tag while my car sits in my parking spot at my apartment complex trying to figure it out.

Would be nice to build a turbo kit, because I can score a pre-made kit for $3,500 but then I still need to invest in fuel upgrades and other stuff to complete it which will drive the cost up considerably. Ugh, I have no money right now either trying to keep my bills paid :bang:

Did a vortech'd v6 a while back and it was decent. I'd say if you are going to go forced get a turbo. The supercharged v6 still felt somewhat weak sauce. Fuel system would set you back about $500 for pump, meter, and injectors.

• Sponsors (?)

Jon said:
Who was busted?

As far as the dyno sheet goes, Bill has it- and I am quite sure he doesnt have a scanner. But it was out for everyone to see at the show. I am sure Rrev still has it (unless you guys deleted OURS too:mad: ) and they are more than welcome to post it up! I know how they love to get involved in our battles:p

Tim, if your out there post it up!

AllFordPerf said:
On the engine dyno the motor made 858 at the crank and the same tune was in the 575 range at the wheels. The glide and converter soak up a lot. For comparison wallys 514 made 852 on the engine dyno and 630 to the wheels with a C-4 and a tighter converter.

Thanks. I'm definitely getting rusty on my conversion factors.

loud 95 said:
Thanks. I'm definitely getting rusty on my conversion factors.

Dyno numbers for autos are deceptive. I made 430 at the wheels with an auto and ran 10.20 s where as in a similar car 420 with a stick we ran 11.0. We did a stick to auto conversion last year. The car made 550 rwhp with a stick and 420 with an auto but picked up from 11.1 to 10.60. That was a supercharged car.

TurboSnake95 said:
Is there a way to truly correct for this, or is it just pretty much a shot in the dark?

It's a shot in the dark. You can run a lock up converter like most late model over drive trans have. Then it's more like a stick. Bottom line with any dyno number is " it's just a number " if it goes up you are making good changes if it is going down stop what you are doing and go the opposite direction.

gospeedgo said:
Allen would probably be willing to make you a deal on some Cobra fuel system soon:rolleyes:

Why is Bill going back to a returnless system because you guys made his car slower? I will pass since I still have some fuel left with those skinny stock lines that wont support anything above 600.:p Bill should of bought wheels instead but I know you guys have other plans for him. :stick:

gospeedgo said:
Who was busted?

As far as the dyno sheet goes, Bill has it- and I am quite sure he doesnt have a scanner. But it was out for everyone to see at the show. I am sure Rrev still has it (unless you guys deleted OURS too:mad: ) and they are more than welcome to post it up! I know how they love to get involved in our battles:p

Tim, if your out there post it up!

What ever Ray's made it pulled like a bandit! 200mph on the dyno was pretty sweet that day. Pray for no rain when we all wake up 'cause I want to see that thing with the fogger spraying full tilt!!!!!
Hopefully see you guys in the morning!

Here is Bills dyno graph ....
SAE - 702
STD - 720

Bill-it.JPG