Anyone noticed these on their cars?

jmuva44

Founding Member
Nov 25, 2000
Richmond, VA
Just curious as to whether or not anyone has noticed any of these problems with their car and if so, what the solutions are:

1. random occurances of windows going up REALLY slowly, others not so slowly
2. streaks/scratches running vertically across the inside of your door windows. I guess from the tint contacting something while it is being rolled up or down.
3. front seats having a lot of play in them
4. driver's seat moves very slowly with weight on it.

Just wondering....anyone?

Chris

• Sponsors (?)

since I have a GTS my windows roll up as fast or slow and I want them to (of physically can) same with my seat :D just a few less things that can go wrong with my car :p but my drivers side seat is a little loose... I can hear metal hitting when I accelerate because it forces me back on the seat causing it to move :( Need to get that fixed to. As for the tint... don't have that either.

I should pull off my wing, stick my old rims back on, and take of the GT badges on it and make it a total sleeper :lol:

red94fiveo said:
My windows roll up fine, but I have noticed that with any wieght on it my drivers seat goes up/back soooo slow. Is there amy way to correct this problem?
You could try cleaning the tracks and the mechanism that moves the seat. When I removed mine I noticed that it was gunked up pretty good.

Dave

The scratches on the tint are from a small worn out piece of felt inside the door. Inside the door there are small pieces of metal that Ford covers with a felt like material to help guide/hold the window. If you've ever taken the door off you had to have noticed them. I'm sure they can be rigged up with something to stop it from scratching.

347Stroked95 said:
The scratches on the tint are from a small worn out piece of felt inside the door. Inside the door there are small pieces of metal that Ford covers with a felt like material to help guide/hold the window. If you've ever taken the door off you had to have noticed them. I'm sure they can be rigged up with something to stop it from scratching.

Cool, thanks for the info, I have the vertical scratches on my window tint on the driver's side from this. I guess I'll just have to tear the door down again and look at that.

SS

347Stroked95 said:

I have two very noticable streaks about 3/4" in width in the same exact spot of both windows (one per window). Its just annoying. I need darker tint anyways.

And RC....i'm only 195 lbs. It moves pretty slow without any weight but with me in it i could darn near drink a six pack by the time it moves from one end to the other.

Chris

I totally foregot about this....

my brother had this problem with the glass in his Trans Am. he replaced the glass because it was scratched and he replaced the melat too. the metal rusted and caused the scratching. GM knew of this problem so they sold rubber ones to replace the metal.