Anyone put a shift light in the new stangs yet?

• Sponsors (?)

Tons of people have done it, I have mine mounted on my SOS double pillar pod. No pic on hand, but I'll get some.

Do a search there are a lot of write ups about the shift lite installs as well as the products used.

I used the raptor lite. Very nice piece.

i was looking at getting this http://store.summitracing.com/partd...rt=ATM-5344&N=700+4294922411+115&autoview=sku

and getting it put somewhere on the dash.

That is the exact one I have in my car, except mine has a black housing. It hooks up JUST like the Raptor and the digital spedometer is very accurate. The LED shift lights are very bright -- there are 3 levels of brightness and the lowest level is sometimes too bright.

You can program the shift point at any RPM you want and it also comes with some other features.

I highly recommend this unit because, in plain and simple words, it's awesome.

The stock S197 instrument panel contains an icon for the factory shift light. However it appears the factory did not wire in an actual shift light because the engine calibration has settings for the shift light.

The GT500 has a factory shift light and buzzer.

Some people don't realize that there is a shift light built into these new Mustangs. It's on your RPM gauge in the middle IIRC. It is not plugged in and there is no light, but there is an outline for it. If you look at the gauge in the right light under the right angle you can see it. From what I heard when I asked on here a while ago is that it was supposed to get put in but was then ruled out and was not hooked up. Get a light for that spot and plug it in and you have a shift light without all of the extra bulky crap from an aftermarket one.

ok i got i all hooked up and then it took me forever to figure out how to get he RPM's to show up properly. I tried those different settings and i finnally tried Setting ".5" the lowest one and it seems to be dead on arrcuate at that level. At setting 1 is off like 1000 rpms. But .5 seems to make it be dead on , tested rpm's and shift light it works. Now i have to go return this Tach Adapter product i bought because i thought i needed it to be able to get the rpm signal from coil pack.

Some people don't realize that there is a shift light built into these new Mustangs. It's on your RPM gauge in the middle IIRC. It is not plugged in and there is no light, but there is an outline for it. If you look at the gauge in the right light under the right angle you can see it. From what I heard when I asked on here a while ago is that it was supposed to get put in but was then ruled out and was not hooked up. Get a light for that spot and plug it in and you have a shift light without all of the extra bulky crap from an aftermarket one.

Would you be able to adjust when it shifts though?

You could always go with www.speedofsoundllc.com 's Raptor Claw. Looks extremely clean and very well designed. I've heard nothing but good things about them.

http://www.speedofsoundllc.com/RaptorClaw.html

nexusclaw.jpg

Attachments

• nexusclaw.jpg
    nexusclaw.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 108