Anyone put a sub under the rear seat?

• Sponsors (?)

Well the seat is gone (deleted), I mean I store stuff under the flat delete board. Your right about the space, there's quite a bit in the deep wells. You would lose a lot of that air space trying to squeeze a box in, but a fiberglass bottom would be perfect for this type of thing.

Rear-delete is your best bet if you want to install under the seat. Otherwise, you take out all that cushion, anyone that sits back there is going to smush the speaker and have sore arse. But it would give a whole new meaning to "Booty Bass". har, har.

Bandpass boxes typically require more air space than any other box. I honestly think you would be hard pressed to fit even an 8 inch driver in a bandpass setup in that spot, even without the seat. If you plan on keeping the seat then I'd suggest a nice rear-firing sealed or ported box up against the rear seat.

I think the site name was k- zine, make a rear seat delete kit with the enclosure built in with matching interior carpet, also have spare tire well kits for sub enclosures and amp racks, I think you could get a ported design to fit and sound good in both spaces, not sure about 12's though I guess it depends on what subs you went with

I already have 2 12s in a box facing the front of my car becuase when it was the other way around it made my trunk rattle. Sounds the same, maybe a little better.

When I pull down the back seat theyre right there.

have one twelve in a ported box, with a 250amp pushing, doesn't make since for me to have it, I can hear the car more than the music, Probably because I don't have the boot insatulor coving the tranny, pull the boot off the shifter you can see the ground, lol was like that when i brought it,