Anyone replace a GT with a Cobra rear bumper?

rdharper02

like kicking myself in the junk
10 Year Member
May 8, 2006
I need to know if anyone has done this. My biggest question is if I have to remove the two lower hangers? They are the ones that mount to the bottom of the bumper.

• Sponsors (?)

i dont see where there would be a whole of difference between them as the only real difference is the cobra bumper has the cut outs for the tail pipes to run flush against, but i could be wrong. you could call cervinis and they could tell u for sure.

I didnt get a chance to call them, but mounted the cobra bumper and found that the u shaped brackets needed to be removed. Should have figured this out when the Cervini piece came with two L shaped brackets.
Just incase anyone else is doing this:
I just drilled out the four steel rivets holding the brackets on. I took a die grinder and removed the remaining rivet studs. Probably not needed, but I wanted to make it clean.

What part of NC are you currently in Silver? I'm located in Havelock and am trying contacts in the area.

i work in new bern but live in bayboro. i hang out in cove city at packhouse performance, u might have seen some cars around here with the stickers on them. if u ever need any help with your car let me know and if i cant do it i know the man that can.