anyone run penzoil platinum

bigbird04

Jul 15, 2010
Decatur Al.
Any of you run PP in your cars. I'm getting ready to do an oil change on my 04 I bought three weeks ago and was wondering what oil you recomend. I plan on using a motorcraft oil filter, also what weight. Advanced has a sale on PP and thats what I run in my last ls1 car. Doesn't ford recomend a synthetic blend or something? Thanks in advance for any help.

• Sponsors (?)

Valvoline and Motorcraft filters. That's what's been run in 5 trucks on the farm for all of their 250,000+ miles with no problems. My dad's old work van now has almost 550,000 miles and is still running strong on the original almost everything, all filled with Valvoline oil. Thank you, Mark Martin. :D

Full synthetic Valvoline 5W-30 in my car for 100,000 miles so far with no problems.

I have tried a few but now have been using Wall-Mart house brand fully syc & fram extra guard with the easy grip my 99 GT its passed 150,000...I change oil regular so it doesnt get a chance to get dirty ...I use hi-milage regular oil in my 1990 5.0 which is passing 200,000 mark.... its so cheap & easy to just change on a regular basis ..... also I have been putting a can of Berryman b12 fuel cleaner every few tank fillups ....works great

Mobil 1 synthetic and a FRAM filter. 5W-20 in the winter, 10W30/40 depending on what kins of driving I plan in the summer. I Change it every 5-6k miles... oil looks like it came from a new engine between changes. No need to waste it with 3k changes when you're running synthetic. I drive about 15k miles a year so the interval is usually about 4 months.

well in terms of different oil being better,I can say this,a number of years ago my dad came across a business opportunity for an oil additive which was from a guy in europe or somewhere overseas,anyway they had a presentation which was complete with a little tiny lathe loking thing in a velvet lined wooden box,and basically they would start the thing up and proceed to have a metal bar swing over and make contact with a rotating metal arm,however before the contact would occur they would put a drop or two of different oils on the metal bar.Ok so when they would use cheapie oil the lathe would run for about a minute and all of the sudden there would be a little puff of smoke and then the thing would basically seize up,then they would demonstrate using castrol gtx which would go for about 4 minutes,then mobil1 syn,which would go for about 6 mins,and then their oil additive which would run indefinetly.castrol was by far the best dyno oil for the demo.at the time there werent many synthetic oils on the market.they also claimed that they could fill a cars crankcase with their additive,and then drain it,then start the car and it would run for over 45 mins before the motor would blow.Im not really sure what ever became of the additive,I remember they were having meetings with UPS to use the additive in their national fleet.