Wheels-Tires Anyone Running A 265 Rear Tire With No Issues?

I just bought a full set of weld draglites for the gt today. The guy said the rims in the back were 9"wide, and hes got them wrapped with 265's. I just re did the whole rear end,new shocks, upper and lower upr CA's, spherical bushings, and quad shocks. I still get wheel hop on occasion so I really dont want to remove the quads. Im 1500 miles from home but is anyone running a 265 tire with no issues?

• Sponsors (?)

I don't know much since I haven't messed with the rear end of my car much yet, but someone on here said you could flip the quad shocks to get more clearance for wider tires. Try that if the wheels/tires don't fit

I run a 275/50/15 on a 15x8 Weld Draglite with 5.5" rear spacing. They are clooooose on the inside, I removed the quads and "massaged" the inner lip with a BFH. Outside lip is fine. The 9" wheel may give you problems. And ^ is correct, you can gain clearance by flipping the quads. Most just remove them. I have no wheel hop without. I also run a drag radial.

These tires are bfg street radials. Im going to go with a M/T drag radial after I wear these out. After looking though These rims I have I think might be 8" wide as well because I think you can only get 8's or 10's. And the tires bulge out the sides a bit.