Anyone running a LX front bumper cover with GT ground effects? Any Pics?

LX Tails

Jun 25, 2009
This is my first post on Stangnet. I have a 89 GT. The front sway bar and foglight brackets are removed. I have no use for the foglight holes and dont know how an LX front will flow with GT ground effects. If it looks weird I will just fill in the holes. Thanks in advance for your help.

• Sponsors (?)

you cant use a lx bumper with gt ground effects your fender flares connect to your front bumper you can just leaveit alone it looks fine w/o the fogs just put a cobra grill insert but it cant be done every thing connects

Just went outside and looked at the car. Dont want a cobra grille insert. The car doesnt need it. LX bumper cover with LX fender flairs? I just want a clean front end.
I am new to bodywork (and dont know anything about it) as I have been working steadily on the mechanics of the car for the last 5 years. Replacing everything down to the wheel bearings. It is an ongoing project. The only body work i have done is new weatherstripping and headlights.

I actually bought it from a guy that worked at walmart. As I was going to get some groceries that night. No BS. You should have seen how "retarted" it looked then. And it actually was a NJ car to begin with too. I took all the stickers and stuff off of it. It was loud. 40 Series Flows and no tailpipes. But slow. When I finally got sticky tires it broke the tranny. I guess Ill just have to make my own bumper cover the way I want it. Custom.
I was hoping someone had a pic that looked decent. Or decided to try it out.