Anyone running the 5-lug disc brake conversion?

• Sponsors (?)

It uses Mark 7 style front rotors (but with 4-piston calipers) so you are still limited to all the wheels the Mark 7 rotor limits you to.

To be honest, for $1600, i would either look at the baer kit or the Ford M2300K kit. Much more modern brake setup, more performance and no wheel issues

I was looking at that SSB kit too the other day but i don't like it. It reuses the stock font calipers instead of updated ones, It does not come with a new brake booster, and it is lacking a few other things that I was not impressed with, but I can't remember what they were. I'm going to get the FRPP M2300 kit I think.

Pretty straightforward if you use SN95 parts because they pretty much just bolt on in place of the drums. You will have t pull the axle shafts out but it's not too difficult at all.

Honestly...hardest part ofr me was refilling the diff with fluid

That doesn't sound bad. I'm checking out the SN95 brakes page right now. [QUOTE="sn95brakes]The '94-98 GT and Cobras use the 8.8 rear end with a 3.27 gear in them stock. Most yards will only sell the complete rear axle assembly presently. So if you get the 8.8 unit, just bolt that in. It will be a direct swap except the brake line fittings to the chassis will need to be adapted[/QUOTE]
Is it that straight forward? Find a Junkyard with a 94-98 GT, buy the whole rear axle and bolt it in? Do you know what size rotors that gets me and whether or not I could run a 9 inch wheel in the back? And how much should I pay for that?

Thank you so much for your help :)

Ok so I'd definitely want to check that gear, I'm re-reading that quote and I think he may have meant the cobras have the 3.27. I'll have to check out if theres a way to do that from the outside.