anyone running the HP stage 1 turbo kit??

Foxfan88

My Grandpa has great wood.
Sep 13, 2004
Miami, Ok
i was browsing their stuff and their kit looks good and complete if it installs as easy and gives the power it claims. it looks well worth the 4500$.

i have heard good things around but i am wondering if anyone here has used it and how was it. if i had the money i would buy one.

• Sponsors (?)

No its a company actually called HP, they with afew other turbo companies were in a 5.0 or MM&FF's awhile back. If I remember correctly they seemed like a pretty good company. There is a saleen in my area with a HP TT kit on it, VERY clean looking. By that I mean you cant even see the turbos, if it didnt have a decal in the trunk lid I would have never even looked for them. I could just BARELY see them tucked WAY down. Very nice setup.

bentley429 said:
No its a company actually called HP, they with afew other turbo companies were in a 5.0 or MM&FF's awhile back. If I remember correctly they seemed like a pretty good company. There is a saleen in my area with a HP TT kit on it, VERY clean looking. By that I mean you cant even see the turbos, if it didnt have a decal in the trunk lid I would have never even looked for them. I could just BARELY see them tucked WAY down. Very nice setup.

Yeah thats my friend Todds Silver Saleen. His HP kit tucks away almost 100% hidden and the turbos mount up behind the bumper. Not sure on the power he makes now but its most likely near 550-600 to the tires (he has a motor though). The guy also has a Saleen S281 DD, and just sold his S351 with mid 500 to the tire for a 600+ rwhp Saleen Cobra. Guys an animal with his Saleens!

they claim over 400 RWHP on a stock engine with the stage one kit. that would be insane. it looks like a nice turbo kit. every nut and bolt and looks awesome. if i had the money i would grab one

i've read about poor fitment (at times) and awful customer service/kit delivery on turbomustangs.com. go Hellion, i've never ever heard a bad thing about any aspect of their product/business.

25thmustang said:
Yeah thats my friend Todds Silver Saleen. His HP kit tucks away almost 100% hidden and the turbos mount up behind the bumper. Not sure on the power he makes now but its most likely near 550-600 to the tires (he has a motor though). The guy also has a Saleen S281 DD, and just sold his S351 with mid 500 to the tire for a 600+ rwhp Saleen Cobra. Guys an animal with his Saleens!

Geez I didnt know you were friends with him, very nice car. Do you happen to know anything about that red SN95 with prostars, sounds like a jet going down the road? Iam guessing its a very big procharger or atleast thats what it sounds like.

I dont know that guy but have heard stories about that. Also the White Saleen with the yellow stripes (SN95 car) I have heard makes well over 1000 to the tire and has 8 second potential. That car is a pretty decent sleeper other than the fact everyone and their mother knows about it!

That white saleen with the yellow stripes went 9.1@150 something last week, with full exhaust tail pipes and all.He said he wants to go in the 8's in full street form.

25thmustang said:
I dont know that guy but have heard stories about that. Also the White Saleen with the yellow stripes (SN95 car) I have heard makes well over 1000 to the tire and has 8 second potential. That car is a pretty decent sleeper other than the fact everyone and their mother knows about it!

And the piping running in the passenger side....hmmm wonder what thats for :D . As for the red one I'd really like to know, seems REALLY nasty deff a 9 second car. I talked to the owner alittle bit, he was a nice guy but I couldnt get anything out of him. Imagine that?? Prob didnt help that the yellow camaro was sitting right next to it, along with that black Malibu haha.

i beleive the red sn95 with prostars belongs to Eric Laferriere out of Johnston, RI. He does testing for ATI and is good friends with the owner of hellion.

the both build some incredible machines. Eric does my work now and is strongly encouraging me to go with a Hellion kit. they seem quite nice.