Anyone tried the AEM EMS for the Mustang?

• Sponsors (?)

i too wander about the system.. it doesnt seem like you could mess it up lol but who knows.. i would think it would work just fine, piping is piping after all..

he isn't talking about piping. The EMS is the engine management product from AEM. http://trucks.aempower.com/product_electronics.asp

I run the Anderson Ford Motorsport PMS. Cheaper and designed for our cars by people who know what they are doing. I set it on standalone mode without tweaking it, fixed upper RPM fuel issues I was having and when it kicks in at 3000 RPM (you can set it almost anywhere, but that is my "gas conservation" level) it feels like a kick in the butt.

AEM does make good products though - import guys praise the EMS all the time.

criticman said:
he isn't talking about piping. The EMS is the engine management product from AEM. http://trucks.aempower.com/product_electronics.asp

I run the Anderson Ford Motorsport PMS. Cheaper and designed for our cars by people who know what they are doing. I set it on standalone mode without tweaking it, fixed upper RPM fuel issues I was having and when it kicks in at 3000 RPM (you can set it almost anywhere, but that is my "gas conservation" level) it feels like a kick in the butt.

AEM does make good products though - import guys praise the EMS all the time.

I had an older PMS and didn't like it. What are the benefits of the newest one?

New PMS has better range of control, standalone mode is more powerful, better controller, upgraded processor. I never used the old one, so I do not know for certain. I just know I like the new one.

mattsstang87 said:
I had an older PMS and didn't like it. What are the benefits of the newest one?

criticman said:
New PMS has better range of control, standalone mode is more powerful, better controller, upgraded processor. I never used the old one, so I do not know for certain. I just know I like the new one.

Yeah, the new PMS is easier to use, from what I've heard. :Word:

I know a guy who sells em, he installed one on a 240sx with a rb25det and gained 38 horse and 45 ft-lb with no other mods. He sells stuf for nissan's mainly though, don't know if he has sold any for the 5.0, but he praises em. BTW the AEMPower website has a forum section dedicated to the EMS, and there are a few mustang guys there. I'm sure they could answer some questions for you.

I have FAST stand alone the older one not the new XFI, people seem to like the BIG STUFF 3 as well, Sureshot or whatever with his TT mustang runs AEM i know, it really depends on who is going to tune it, or are you gonna try to do that yourself.

The pms is a very nice unit an many guys have great luck with it, but i have never had one so i cant personally say if its good or not.