Anyone try this brand for your Sound systems?

GTA_V6_Mustang

Nov 29, 2004
Miami, FL
Well the brand name is Pyle... I am trying to get an in dash flip screen dvd player for the stang but trying to stay within a decent price range, and I found one by Pyle for a pretty decent price which is 280 watts which is more then my current kenwood (200watts) and is everything else I am looking for. Any opinions?

• Sponsors (?)

I'd stick with the big names. Pyle used to produce professional sound re-enforcement (concert) drivers and amplifiers. In the late 80's, they started producing car stereo head units and stuff. To try to capitalize on the car stereo "boom". (Their car amps/speakers were really good. They out-sourced the head unit production.)

You really can't go wrong with Pioneer, Alpine or Kenwood. Just stay away from their entry level stuff. ;)

If you EVER plan to add ipod control capability stay away from kenwood. I jsut put a kenwood in my wife's car and it is HORRID compared to both of my pioneers doing the same thing...

If you EVER plan to add ipod control capability stay away from kenwood. I jsut put a kenwood in my wife's car and it is HORRID compared to both of my pioneers doing the same thing...

I actually disagree here. I put a Kenwood H/U in my F150 that has external inputs for both Ipod and USB players. Everything is by remote control and I was able to easily wire the cables into the glove box so you can't see the players when they are hooked up. Pretty damn slick.

Installation took about an hour and I did it in my driveway.

Adam

pyle is absolute JUNK... my bro put a flip up tv in his avalanche not too long ago.... ive never seen more of a piece of garbage in my life, IMHO.... if ur trying to get away cheap with a tv, go Jensen... if im not mistaken them and audiovox are the same company, correct me if im wrong....

im a firm believer in alpine... again, just my .02

Yea a buddy of mine has a Jensen flip screen touch screen thats Ipod compatible and such and its pretty damn bad assed. I like it and he got it for 400 so I will try to score one too. lol

u dont have to score one... u can just go to any best buy... crutchfield... thats pretty much what theyre runnin i believe... 400-600... i scored one off the street for $175.... they said it fell into their trunk... i believed'em :nice:

i actually only had it in my car for 2 days before selling to a friend... i only wanted to test it out, see how i like the idea... i lvoed it, just i think i wanna go with a double din in dash set up..

Don't get PYLE.

I had a Pyle deck in my old truck, was given as a gift. One channel was dead upon install. Sent it back. Once i got it back i had nothing but issues. The faceplate stopped working about 4 months into owning it and for some reason sometimes it would increase the volume itself to max and blow my speakers... like it was possessed.

Do yourself a favor and stay away from Pyle. Pyle = a Pile of Dog $hit.

I actually disagree here. I put a Kenwood H/U in my F150 that has external inputs for both Ipod and USB players. Everything is by remote control and I was able to easily wire the cables into the glove box so you can't see the players when they are hooked up. Pretty damn slick.

Installation took about an hour and I did it in my driveway.

Adam

I don't mean installation I mean the ipod control... I wish I had saved the $20 and jsut gotten the cable that charges the ipod so we could just control through the ipod... the Kenwood is just horrid...

I take exception to the Jenen being junk...

It may not sound the best but it lasts...

I bought a $99 Jensen amp 11 years ago and it has been in near constant use for that time... In that time I have driven about 300k miles with this amp thumping.

sound quality it ain't, but sound it is...

The older Alpines may have lasted you 20+ years but not the new stuff. I have been pretty UNimpressed with thier new decks. I have never beena fan of Pioneer....they buttons on the headunits they make just feel cheap to me. Pyle is total junk, walmart quality. I had a JVC in my Lightning it worked great for about 1 year then went downhill. Now im an Eclipse fan i have a CD4000 in my SC and I love it.

My measure of quality is not how long an amp lasts. ANy piece of garbage will last if it's hooked up properly and not overheated. The sound quality is everything.

Eclipse makes very good products. Closer to the high end market.

My favorite brands are
Diamond Audio (speakers)
JL Audio (name-brand subs)
Adire Audio (non-name brand but better than JL and cheaper)
Elemental Designs for the BEST affordable subs/speakers/amps
Xtant amps
Eclipse + Pioneer HUs for the low distortion, hi voltage outputs and EQ & phase adjustments