Anyone try this yet???

tcrote5516

Jan 7, 2010
I'm building a restomod and want a very different nose. Has anyone tried fabbing a 08' grill into a 67'? Looking at the 08 with fog's. I will be doing some serious molding on the headlight buckets to smooth out the lines of the nose anyway. I would sit this grill in without using the original trim so it would sit more flush to the nose.

Any thoughts?

• Sponsors (?)

I saw a 68 a few years ago that had an 05 bumper cover/headlights/grille assembly on it.

It really looked badass, but when I asked him about it he said he had several hundred hours of modification, fabbing, and bodywork to make it look right.

This guy in Mass did something similar to this a couple years ago and he actually sells the bodykit on his website. Just look up Nemesis Mustang and you will find it.

nemesis%20,prototype%20pictures-07.jpg

This definition sounds about right: "Nemesis |ˈneməsis| Greek Mythology
a goddess usually portrayed as the agent of divine punishment for wrongdoing or presumption " ;)

nemesis |ˈneməsis|
noun ( pl. -ses |-ˌsēz|) (usu. one's nemesis)
the inescapable or implacable agent of someone's or something's downfall : the balance beam was the team's nemesis, as two gymnasts fell from the apparatus.
• a downfall caused by such an agent : one risks nemesis by uttering such words.
• (often Nemesis) retributive justice : nemesis is notoriously slow.
ORIGIN late 16th cent.: Greek, literally ‘retribution,’ from nemein ‘give what is due.’
Nemesis |ˈneməsis| Greek Mythology
a goddess usually portrayed as the agent of divine punishment for wrongdoing or presumption (hubris).

I'm building a restomod and want a very different nose. Has anyone tried fabbing a 08' grill into a 67'? Looking at the 08 with fog's. I will be doing some serious molding on the headlight buckets to smooth out the lines of the nose anyway. I would sit this grill in without using the original trim so it would sit more flush to the nose.

Hmmm… The 08 "lamp" grille is basically an imitation of the stock 67 grille, so I'm not sure I see the point.

67BlueGTFastback-3.jpg

mustang-grill-closeup2.jpg

That Nemesis Stang is hideous. I can appreciate the work that went into it, but why? If you like that look just get a new one.

I agree with you 100%. Why even bother making a classic look like a newer car. They are desirable for what they are. Dont try to make it look like something else just to be unique. I prefer a nice car with a few tastefull mods.