Anyone use Speed Bleeder's before and how are there, where did ya get them?

• Sponsors (?)

I bought some at Advance Auto for $5 each. They were aluminum and stripped out immediately. Luckily there was no caliper damage :nonono:

Avoid the brake bleeding gadgets unless they are shop quality like blackfang's device above.

To learn how to bleed your brakes go to www.bullittarchive.com

It takes TWO or three people even to bleed brakes properly, especially the first time you do it.

i have this one that i got when i use to work at this mercedes dealership that thing is amazing :nice: but you need shop air to use it cant remember the company that makes them but it connects to the bleed screw not like these little thingies you are looking at

I've used the Speed Bleeders and love them.

Now while they say you can use them 1-man, i used 3. 1 guy to pump the pedal, 1 guy to keep the MC full and me on the bleeder screw to watch the air come out.

The speed bleeders make it easy because you do not need to close the bleeder at the bottom of each pedal pump and open it at the top. ANyone who has done that knows it's tough to keep coordinated with the pedal man when doing that. With the speed bleeders, he just pumps the pedal slowly and you watch the air come out. It also gives you a free hand so you can tap the caliper with a rubber hammer to dislodge any trapped air bubbles.

Anytime i bleed brakes, i insist on putting these things on!