Anyone wanna calculate my shift points

Slow5.0

Feb 13, 2003
Portland, OR
I still tryin fugure out does i have right shift points

I wanna see results you guys came with

I have 3.73's and 315/35/17 tires and weight is 4050lbs (don't ask me why is so heavy)
And i have 5 speed

Here is dyno sheet

Erniedyno3.jpg

Attachments

• Erniedyno3.jpg
    Erniedyno3.jpg
    132.7 KB · Views: 60
  • Sponsors (?)

things begin to trail off after 5500, it doesnt seem like you'd benefit much from shifting too much later than that. i believe the key is to upshift into your powerband. when you do a 1-2, 2-3, 3-4 shift how much do your rpm's drop off? figure that out and you will be able to see where you should shift at.
not a pro on this subject but it seems fairly logical
just my .02
-fawcett

tmoss said:
Ernan, go to my website in the "download" section and download the Excel spreadsheet I have there - one of the pages "shift points" is set up to let you see all this info.

Hey tmoss, whatever torque i put in those green field, shift points are same, i mean Shift rpms,resultant rpm,resultant TQ stay same ???

Yep, the green field information must be put in by you. The sheet shows the rpm drop from the shift and you must put the torque for that rpm in the green column, then look at and judge where your best shift point will be. You then have to experiment at the track by moving a little higher or lower and seeing what results you get. No program will be able to give every person the best SINGLE point to shift at.

Ernan - go back to the site and use the sheet again, I added a graph and an explanation of how to use the sheet better. Should make things easier for you.

I ran your numbers quickly, and your 1-2 and 2-3 shifts would be ~ 6,000-6,200 rpm and the 3-4 taken to ~5,600 rpm.