Anyone want to help me do a little research (Genetics related)?

HistoricMustang said:
Listen, again lets make this simple.

I do not "quote" people and I do not refer posters to other posters. That is what makes these threads go absolutely crazy.

You never see me put up more than a sentence or two, unless it is tech.

But, perhaps this is tech.

The reason some species can't do what chelle asked is that they have not yet "mutated". Perhaps a mule will "mutate" this week and then that mule will be able to do it and produce offspring where he could not last week.

Again, simple stuff and the end of my conversation. Why make it hard?

HistoricMustang
www.historicmustang.com

Anyone who has ever studied Anatomy & Physiology, Biochemistry, Microbiology, etc, etc will tell you that life is anything BUT simple. Even single-celled organisms are amazingly complex and even the slightest variation from very narrow functional parameters for ANY living organism can mean death, or mutation.......it is this very complexity of life to begin with that has lead to such an amazing diversity of our biosphere. :nice:

• Sponsors (?)

StangDreamin' said:
Talkin' to a brick wall, Fritz. Save your breath.

My post was for the benefit of everyone here, not one individual, even if I used an individual's previous post for the basis of my comments, and to provide some perspective.....:shrug:

I'm off to dreamland now, but I am going to discuss the questions raised in this thread with a colleague of mine who is very well versed in genetics....maybe I can shed some more light on the subject tomorrow evening...................:nice:

HistoricMustang said:
Stang, what if there is no higher power (perhaps that is for another classic discussion)?

Then does life simply end with death, or is there something more? Can you explain everything with "Life is simple"?

To explain the purpose of this thread and this forum: when you make friends with people, do you only talk about cars? Just cars, and nothing else? I wouldn't. I have interests besides cars. I would talk about them as often as cars, and sometimes more often. Here, in the classic talk section, the vast majority are friends. And it stands to reason that the 'talk' may not always focus on cars. it's that simple. the forums reflect a conversation in flow.

~meow

HistoricMustang said:
Stang, what if there is no higher power (perhaps that is for another classic discussion)? Listen, this stuff is real simple.
NoKitten said:
Then does life simply end with death, or is there something more? Can you explain everything with "Life is simple"?

Gentlemen.....Based upon my own personal experiences with what should have been a terminal illness (Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma @ Stage IV), and my experiences when my mother died from breast cancer.....I am completely convinced that THERE IS a GOD, "Higher Power" or whatever else you want to call it and that once you shed this mortal coil there is another plane of existance waiting.

OK, I certainly hope you pick the "correct" God. There are several to pick!

However, if you guess wrong (according to your current beliefs) you may end up in that bad place with all the bad stuff going on.

Remember, there are people killing other people because they feel their beliefs are correct. Are yours correct or do you simply believe in something because you were born where you were born?

Again, pretty darn simple. Stop listening to all that crap you read, see and listen too and go figure out yourself what is right. When you do it on your own then you will have it sorted out. You have got to go full circle to get to where you need to be.

No one can do it for you!

Wisdom from Historic!

HistoricMustang
www.historicmustang.com

HistoricMustang said:
OK, I certainly hope you pick the "correct" God. There are several to pick!

However, if you guess wrong (according to your current beliefs) you may end up in that bad place with all the bad stuff going on.
What is the "correct" GOD? And how can you, who don't even know me, know what my beliefs are?

HistoricMustang said:
Remember, there are people killing other people because they feel their beliefs are correct. Are yours correct or do you simply believe in something because you were born where you were born?
That is a fact I am all too aware of, I lost a number of friends to the terrorist attacks of 9/11/01, and I train on a DAILY basis to mitigate the damage from any future attacks.....and again, how do you know what my beliefs are? Did you even read my post before, or did you see the word "GOD" and assume I am a Bible-thumper?

HistoricMustang said:
Again, pretty darn simple.
Your own post just proved it is NOT simple, life, cultures, beliefs, are far from simple!

HistoricMustang said:
Stop listening to all that crap you read, see and listen too
You mean like your posts?

HistoricMustang said:
and go figure out yourself what is right.
How do you know I haven't? Again I ask, did you even bother to read my post?
HistoricMustang said:
When you do it on your own then you will have it sorted out.
Already have.

HistoricMustang said:
You have got to go full circle to get to where you need to be.

No one can do it for you!

Wisdom from Historic!
Not hardly. Just because you are a few years older than me, doesn't make you any wiser, nor vise versa. On a closing note......I don't know what has been troubling you lately, but it is no excuse for your recent attitude towards the rest of the people on this forum. I have a lot of respect for what you have done, and what you have shared on these forums, but because of this change in attitude I am rapidly losing respect for you as a person.

65stanger said:
A met an atheist who was dyslexic......he doesn't believe there is a Dog!

:ZOT: old joke. Any idea on the fish, or have moved on to religion?

BTW: here's a thesis for you:

Prompt: Is hell endothermic or ectothermic(sp?)

A answer:
First we assume that a mole of souls have a specific weight and mass. Next, we determine the rate at which souls are entering hell. Since there are a number of "Cults" and religions that believe that any person who is not a member of their sect is damned, we can safely assume that all persons on this planet are damned to hell.

Now, either hell is expanding at a rate greater than the amount of souls going into it; or hell is static, and it's size remains constant.

If the former condition exists, then there will come a time in which the expansion of hell will cause it to lose it's vital energy and it will freeze over.

If the latter is true, then there will come a point that the capacity of hell will be breeched and all hell will break loose.

Now, during Freshman year, I pursued a member of the opposite sex for sexual relations. She informed me that it would be a "cold day in hell" before such relations. Seeing as how three years have passed and said relations have still not occured, it is safe to assume that hell is not endothermic; therefore, hell must be ectothermic by elimination.

-annonymous

~meow