Anyone with a 3550 have to get their driveshaft shortened?

I can't get my driveshaft to clear the pinion on my rear end when I go to put it in. I tried it with the car jacked up by the frame with the rear end hanging down and it still does it. I have a 3550 in my car and I'm thinking it might be a little longer than the t5 but I'm not sure. Has anyone had to get their driveshaft cut? Thanks for any help.

• Sponsors (?)

I have a 3550 with a aluminum ds and it slipped right in. car could have been rear ended in the past, but Id measure the tranny/ds combo when it was installed, then measure the "new setup" see if there's a diff

whats weird is i have a similar problem in my car, my DS is so tight to the transmission(TKO) that it actually ripped the seal a little bit, and when we put my buddies TKO600 in my car it wasnt like that, im gonna get myne shortened this yeard but i have asked around and i cant get a straight answer about how much of the yoke should be showing

I have a stock k member, stock motor mounts, stock pinion flange, but I have J&M control arms.

The reason the drive shaft was out is because the clutch went out in my car. It was hard as hell to get the driveshaft out, I had to unbolt the lower control arms and upon doing so, I noticed the torque box on the drivers side was pretty messed up. The passenger side didnt look too bad tho. I got some battle boxes and put those in and welded up the seams around the boxes. I wouldn't think the torque box would cause the driveshaft to have that tight of a fit would it? It was only on one side too.