Anyone with Idle hang up and high idle issue get in here!!

mity2

I like Pro3 and all I got was this crappy CT.
Jul 24, 2003
StateCollege PA
those of you who had hanging idle and high idle issue, and/or code P1506, you ain't gonna believe what it was!

I had these issue with my car for a while - and i replaced IAC, and cleaning IAC, cussing, resetting PCM several times, and none worked. I continued to have an issue.

It turned out that i had a leaking passenger side PCV valve! took it off, cleaned it, and install it back in, all my probrem is gone! she is now idleing exactry as it was intended!

So if you have above issue, you guys might want to check your PCV valve. groumet isn't the best on them!!

• Sponsors (?)

coramprat said:
Mines has had a slight issue but I checked the PCV and its fine. Did you change out that gromet because mine looks pretty whopted. Maybe thats my problem.
No ididn't. I will, but for now, i wrapped PCV with electrical tape to make tighter seal

mity2 said:
those of you who had hanging idle and high idle issue, and/or code P1506, you ain't gonna believe what it was!

I had these issue with my car for a while - and i replaced IAC, and cleaning IAC, cussing, resetting PCM several times, and none worked. I continued to have an issue.

It turned out that i had a leaking passenger side PCV valve! took it off, cleaned it, and install it back in, all my probrem is gone! she is now idleing exactry as it was intended!

So if you have above issue, you guys might want to check your PCV valve. groumet isn't the best on them!!

I had the same issues as you and the shop called me today to tell me the PCV valve is bad, go figure. Go :SNSign: .