Anyone with Mac Longtubes?

HoustonGT

Gilded Gelding
Apr 6, 2003
Houston
Well, ive heard good and bad things about the Mac longtube headers. Some say to stay away while others say they are pretty good. I heard that ac has recently updated them and they have no issues. I know you get what you pay for i just don't see how a company can really mess up some headers. Just wanted to know if anyone was running their HTS or Ceramic Coated Headers.
I've also been looking at the BBK Ceramic Coated longtubes and wanted to know where the cheapest place to get them would be. Thanks in advance guys and gals

• Sponsors (?)

The Mac L/T's headers are well known to rust on you coated or not.
Within two years my Mac catback had a hole rusted right through it. :nonono:
Needless to say I will never purchase another Mac product again.
You should consider the BBK or Bassani L/T's headers because they
are alot better quality.The best of luck with whatever you end up
going with.

Stang|ess said:
Do a search, Mac is known to have slag blow through and cause damage.
On the 4V heads though, not the 2V cars. Ive never heard of a GT having the same issues. You should be ok with them, however, if it were me, I would go BBK for the headers, however I have a Mac catback and will never have anything else. And I dont have any rust, and neither did my prochamber that I had for 2 years.

Go for bassani midlengths. you wont have to remove the passenger side when you have to work on your tranny!

And no its not as hard as it may seem. everything is straight foward, bolt here bolt there. only thing is, it takes some time, and putting the kmember back on is a bitch when the thing weighs more than you :(

HoustonGT said:
Yea but those are like 800 bucks. Not gonna happen on my college budget and i couldnt justify spending over 1k for LT's and install

i hear ya man. i've also got a limited budget due to college. luckily though, ive found some money to pay for some longtubes. i'm probably getting some on eBay. or jeg's.