Anyone Work At Wal-Mart?

• Sponsors (?)

Never worked there myself, but the things I've been told by former employees would discourage me from ever considering it.

The problem with any large chain corporation like that, is that they know there will always be someone willing to come in and work, so they don't treat their employees the best or put any emphasis on employee retention.

Hey Matt. It doesn't hurt to check them out and try it. If you don't like it there then you can always look for another job. They usually work like 25-28 hrs for "part time" people (like high school students). My wife worked for them when she was in high school (quite a few years back--don't tell her I said that last part! LOL). They also used to pay like 1.5x or 2x for working on Sundays, that's a great deal for a student. They also had something like a 10% discount for employees, so you could see some benefit to that as well. I don't know if you'll be heading out of your area for college or that sort of thing after high school, but they also can help you to transfer to another store where you'll be relocating to. They do treat people like a number there though, so it's kind of a hit or miss thing on whether your local store will treat you right or not. Good luck with the search.

Phil

I was gonna work there as a second job was actually hire but i had to take a drug test but with my full time job there was no way of making it to the test. Anyway My sister worked there and they treated her like **** so she quit and told me to never work there. My bro in law works there as a second job and likes it but he's in sporting goods and don't do to much and he's into hunting so its a good spot for him. So like everybody else says its kinda hit or miss good luck with what ever you do. A jobs a job take what you can get now days

Matt, I think at a lot of jobs you have to take a drug test. At my new job at the dealership, they require me to take one. I still haven't had the chance to get over to the clinic though, and it's right behind the dealership, lol. I can see it all day long. :doh:

hey man you should try to find an under the table job. During the summers I work for my neighbors bbq'ing. I get paid like $125 a day cash and its usually like a few times a week doing different car shows, bike shows, etc. Im sure theres something you'd like better than walmart. I'd love to work at bestbuy and get discounts on car audio stuff. If you look around you'll find something more worth while than target.