Anything Rare In Foxbodys??

So a few months ago I picked up a white 89 gt convertible 5spd with red cloth interior it only has 59,000 original miles but it somehow had a blown head gasket from running hot but other than that it was in perfect shape but I got it for $800. Anyway it's all fixed now but an older gentleman recently came into my work offering to buy it he was freaking out over my car saying he has over 30 gt foxbodys and has bought and sold hundred of these cars since they came out. He told me he has never saw a factory gt convertible car with red cloth interior plus the rear window switches he seemed to be having a fit over so basically I'm wondering if anything sets these cars apart from the rest and what I should look for to know what I have thanks guys!

• Sponsors (?)

There's honestly no "rare" production fox mustang.

There are some collectible special addition ones.

Though if this guy is willing to call your car rare, and he has a nice chunk of cash he's waving in your face. I would agree with him on how rare your car is..:D

With just 59k on yours, it is a lower mileage one. That is nice.

I guess the closest you'll come to a rare fox nowadays is one of those that someone put on ice when purchased new and it has less than a hundred miles on them. They've done well at the big auctions.

Even then, it needs to be a slightly more interesting model like the 7UP convertibles.

All that said, yours does sound interesting. Especially to us fox geeks.

Post pictures for us. I know I'd like to see yours.

Everything hAs a price. Certainly not rare but if he waved a good chunk of cash at me I'd take it.

However, odds of buying another 59k mile fox for $800....rare

Reactions: 2 users
Thanks guy my initial thought is that nothing is rare about a fox but it needs paint bad but I really am going to keep the car to see the project through I have too much work invested in exhaust and rebuild to want to let her go now!!!!

Reactions: 1 user