Anything usable for a fox from a 1990's lincoln town car?

My friend is dumping a Lincoln town car and I noticed it had the 4.6 in it that is very healthy. I was wondering if I should ****** that out and keep it. My questions is will it work in either a sn95 or fox? Also is there anything else on it that should be kept for possible use in either car?

• Sponsors (?)

In a word...

NO.

However, you can use a LOT of things from a Fox on a '90 Town Car. Pretty much everything from the engine, transmission, rear end, and later-model (5-lug) rims (need spacers and longer studs to clear the upper ball joints, though) will work on a Panther car. You can even do a T-5 conversion pretty easily on 'em - the pedals and everything will bolt right in.

It should be noted, however, that if it actually has a 4.6L in it, that is NOT a 1990 model Town Car - they didn't get the 4.6 until 1991, a year before the Crown Vic and Grand Marquis got the 4.6 in 1992. The 1990 is a bastard year because it's the first year of the Aero body style but it still has the old lo-po 5.0 and AOD.

Personally, I'd just keep the thing as-is and drive the snot out of it. A Panther with a 4.6L isn't exactly fast, and you can only do so much to make them a little quicker (dual exhaust, gears, shift kit, 11.25" torque converter, custom chip, pullies, and electric fan), but they're a VERY solid, reliable car. Only sore spots on 'em is that stupid electric blend door actuator on the heater box (I just ripped off the actuator on the '90 I had and opened/closed the heater manually) and those damned power window regulators. Oh, and as long as it isn't yet doing the 3-4 shift shudder, it'd be a good idea to do a total drain on the tranny and TC and then refill with Mercon V. :nice:

Its a 94 I believe.

Just curious why was this moved here? It is kinda technical in nature as I am going to put the components into a roller if possible.

True, but the main post was if anything was usuable off a 4.6L town car...not the steps requirede to put it into a 5.0 Mustang...hence the reason it was moved to 5.0 talk.

True, but the main post was if anything was usuable off a 4.6L town car...not the steps requirede to put it into a 5.0 Mustang...hence the reason it was moved to 5.0 talk.

Doesn't that kind of mean the same thing? I was assuming that by his question asking about "anything usable" he intended to use the parts on a Fox Mustang; if he has no intention of using the parts on a Fox, well, then I guess one could always just pull the bench seat out and use it as a nice redneck sofa... :shrug:

And yeah, I misread the title, thinking it specified a 1990 instead of a 90's Town Car. :doh:

I'll go back to lurking... :leaving: