aod 3-4 shift valve springs?

hnkstang50

Feb 27, 2004
i have a transgo shift kit in my car with 373 gears and am having very early 3-4 shifts, trans go said to put in my original 3-4 shift valve and springs to fix this with the high gears. they gave me spring specs but none match the springs i have from the install.

any body know the sprin colors or sizes that should go back in for the oringal 3-4 shift valve?

• Sponsors (?)

I think they are feeding you bull. I had a 91 AOD with a transmission that was a little built. I had a 4.10 and the thing shifter early from 2-3 (4,700). It wouldn't shift at all from 3-4. I hated that car, so I sold it. If you had stock gearing, your car would shift much better.

I think they are feeding you bull. I had a 91 AOD with a transmission that was a little built. I had a 4.10 and the thing shifter early from 2-3 (4,700). It wouldn't shift at all from 3-4. I hated that car, so I sold it. If you had stock gearing, your car would shift much better.

i dont think its bull, doin reasearch ive found old posts of people having the same problem and puttin the stock 3-4 shift valve back in and it works great. i just need to find what springs were the stock ones

no like i said, trans go knows about this problem with 373 gears and higher. if i floor it in d4 then it shifts from third to forth at around 3500, if i hold it in d3 it makes the shift around like 4500.

i know this is a real problem and i know what to do to fix it... im just having a hard time figuring out what 2 springs are the stock 3-4 shift valve