AOD fox parts hard to find

Glaze

Apr 3, 2005
Gainesville, GA
The ol GT has been sittin in the shop for well over 7 months now. I just switched it back from T5 back to AOD and im having the hardest time finding someone who has the automatic 5.0 (not 2.3) shifter and the detent bracket that mounts to side of transmission that holds the detent cable. These are the only 2 parts im lacking. I have googled and called so many junkyards but no luck. Any ideas?

I am not interested in the B&M rachet shifter due to price and non stock looks.

• Sponsors (?)

I think AOD shifters differ between 87-93

or at least the Bezels do....I bought a NOS PRNDL bezel for my 87, Must have been a later model (did 4 eyed shifters look the same?), and it didn't fit...been a while..I think some tabs were different on the backside. So I removed the new crispy clear PRNDL piece from the new black part and put it in my old black piece.

I don't know if this is relavent...but it is certainly more so than starting an AOD/T5debate!

your right, 90-93 had a locking system on the shifters while the pre 90 did not. It prevented shifting out of Park without foot on brake i think. But the assembly could be removed from the shifter itself.

I really am still looking for that detent cable adapter that mounts to transmission. I believe it looks like an upside down J.

Please email me at [email protected] if you have this part

i know man, the tv cable bracket was hard for me to find, too. best guess-buy it on ebay, it would probably come with a used tv cable.

on a side note - if you took an aod from a thunderbird, the shift lever on the transmission is DIFFERENT and you would have to use the detent plate from the tbird shifter in order for everything to work properly.

well i had a guy give me a bracket from a ford truck AOD but it doesnt securely fasten the detent cable. Prestige Mustang has them for mustang aod but it seems they have a hard time finding out how to sell it.